A few questions about spec-ing a new Carrera S Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 09:49 AM
carbonblackcab
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions about spec-ing a new Carrera S Convertible

Hi,

I currently have an E46 M3 Convertible and am planning on getting a 911 C2S convertible. I am planning on buying in Aug-Sept time frame.

Questions:
1. What color are the guages in the instrucment cluster? (there is an option to have them painted yellow, red, beige or white)?
2. Where can i specify the color of the leather stiching? (I want red stiching for the leather).
3. I am getting the carbon backage, but cant seem to order the carbon steering wheel with PDK option. Is there a reason for that? (In the configurator, I cant select the muti funciton carbon steering wheel).
4. Where can i specify the paddles for PDK? I dont see the paddles as an opton.

Here is a list of complete specs:

911 Carrera S Cabriolet $99,800

Exterior Color
Cabriolet roof in Black V9 $0
Black A1 $0

Interior Color
Black Full Leather AT $3,655

Exterior
Park Assist System 635 $530

Performance
Sports Exhaust System 176 $2,810
Sport Chrono Package Plus 640 $1,320
7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250 $4,080

Wheels
19" Carrera S II wheel 419 $0

Interior
Sport Bucket Seats P03 $2,990

Interior Carbon
Rear Center Console Carbon XMJ $1,625

Interior Carbon Package EAH $4,830

Carbon Package 803 $1,040
Door Entry Guards in Carbon, Illuminated XXD $1,365

Audio and Communications
XM Radio 686 $750
Navigation Module for PCM 672 $2,110
Bluetooth Interface for Mobile Phone 619 $695
Universal Audio Interface 870 $440
BOSE High End Sound Package 680 $1,440

Destination Charge:
Destination Charge: $950
Total Price* $130,430
Old 03-07-2010, 10:31 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Not all options are shown in the configurator. You should get an order guide where you will see all the options available. Your time frame (Aug. - Sept.) means that you will probably get a 2011 model. I don't imagine that the options for the '11 cars will be much different than the '10 cars.

The S models come with silver/aluminum gauges (they look white, but not Carrara White). The non-S cars come with black gauges.

In the configurator, under Options, the third grouping (Interior) has the various colors that the gauges can be painted. You will have to scroll down to the middle of the listing. You probably also want to get the Sport Chrono Timer gauge face painted to match the other gauge faces.

I was able to get the configurator to add the 3-Spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel in Carbon but that option requires the heated seats and heated steering wheel options be selected. I don't think the paddle shifters have been set up on the configurator (see my first sentence of this post)

One additional thing to note. Make SURE you go through the options list very thoroughly when it comes to selecting all of the items that are to have red stitching. I have seen many cars that the dealers have ordered with deviating stitching that are not complete. Most often then omit deviating stitching for the steering wheel, the e-brake handle, and the leather shift boot (for the 6-speed manual). Those parts stick out like a sore thumb because they don't have the deviating stitching color. I know the shift boot doesn't apply to you because the PDK shifter doesn't have one, but the point is make sure you get EVERYTHING correct.

Since you are getting the carbon package that gives your the carbon shifter and e-brake combo, then you don't have to worry about the deviating stitching on the e-brake handle.

One option you may also want to consider is the PDK Gear Selector Gate Surround in Leather. If you get it, make sure it has the deviating stitching color. If you don't order it now and wanted the leather surround later, it will be very difficult/costly to get it with the deviating stitching later.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:31 AM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

You seem to have missed my thread!
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...t-new-c2s.html
Let me know when you're ready to test-drive

On a serious note, I'd recommend heated seats and wheel for a cab, makes a BIG difference when it's a bit chilly outside.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The yellow dials go well with Black but if you want the red stich then I would go with Red Dials.
The multi wheels have a paddle or shall I say push shifter. Go with the flappy Paddle it wont be carbon but you will be happy of your choice.

Heated seats are great. Plus *** Porsche emblem in head rest they are a nice touch along with leather at Pdk.

Love the carbon I put that in my Turbo S order. Cant wait to see it. I think it looks good
Old 03-07-2010, 01:46 PM
carbonblackcab
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sjfehr: funny post. I dont think I can get heated sets with the "sport bucket seats" i have. also, I live in miami, so there wont be much use for heated seats. My M3 has heated seats and I only used it a few times when i drove to orlando for a few days.

Thanks got911. Appreciate the info. I will definatley consider the leater for the PDK gear selector gate.

Gj325: Carbon looks great. I just wish there was more carbon trim around the dashboard area like the SLR, F430, etc.

There are two things I am not sure about and will need to do a test drive to find out:
1. Sport exhaust on a convertible. I put in AA exhaust on my M3 and had it taken off a few days after i put it on. It was too loud for a convertile.
2. The Sport bucket seats. They look great, but I am not sure how comfortalb they will be for long drives. My c2s will be a daily driver and sometimes I have to dirve to WPB everyday (60 miles each way).
Old 03-07-2010, 04:41 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The sport exhaust is one option I would not go without. In addition, you can always disengage it with the push of a button.

Quick Reply: A few questions about spec-ing a new Carrera S Convertible