Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let me help you order that new C2S!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 02:04 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Let me help you order that new C2S!

I'm looking to buy a 2010 C2S cab w/ PDK... in about 4 years. Biggest problem with buying a used Porsche is that there are comparatively few to choose from, which makes it hard to find the "right" car. Which is comparable to your problem in finding the right buyer. I figure since you're already paying for all the depreciation before you sell it to me, I might as well help you out and let you know which options you really want, and will eventually sell to me for a very good price. I'm more than happy to give you my advice on it. More than happy to help you test-drive, too!

Won't you feel so much better about this purchase, knowing you already have a buyer lined up? Don't feel too badly if you never get around to making use of the track upgrades and besides the odd concours, just let it sit safely in a climate controlled garage, only getting out a few hours a few times a month. I'll take care of the rest of the break-in for you and make sure the track upgrades get properly used.

To make it easier on both of us, feel free to move to within a few hours drive of me, too.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:13 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Are you serious? This is a super funny post!

You must not have any issues with commitment, wanna commit to a car 4-years before you own it! Do you really think it's reasonable to think that you and the seller situation will remain the same in 4 years?! and you want someone who pays for all the depreciation order a car based on YOUR preference?!

Novel idea regardless and I hope it works out for you. LOL!
Old 02-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

It's a joke guys. In truth, the conflict is always that when you want to get a deal on a used Porsche, often times the original buyer/orderer didn't order enough sensible options to make it attractive to some guy downstream. Someday when I die someone should really like my P.T.S. cabriolet!
Old 02-26-2010, 02:29 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

In 4 years, if one waits and is looking, can find a car with the right options. No way this year or next.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:39 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Yes, it's a joke, and ya'll ruined it by immediately pointing that out! Kernel of truth mixed in there with the sarcasm and tongue-in-cheek and I'm all for long-term planning if anyone seriously has a C2S they're looking at selling the same time I'm looking at buying, but I didn't expect anyone to take this as a serious business proposition.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:00 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 except that I'd like a pre-owned PDK turbo. White exterior, cocoa interior with white stitching please.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:22 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sjfehr
Yes, it's a joke, and ya'll ruined it by immediately pointing that out! Kernel of truth mixed in there with the sarcasm and tongue-in-cheek and I'm all for long-term planning if anyone seriously has a C2S they're looking at selling the same time I'm looking at buying, but I didn't expect anyone to take this as a serious business proposition.
Good one though!

Quick Reply: Let me help you order that new C2S!