Sponsored by:

phone pairing 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 12:43 PM
peterm
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default phone pairing 997.2

BBerry had to be replaced and now 1 year later im trying to pair the phone. the old bberry worked fine this is a relacement unit Both the car and my phone ask for a PIN- (nothing about the pin in the owners manual)- i try entering the same number on both and the system fails someone jog my memory as where to find the pin
Old 03-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Put the BB in "listen" mode when you are trying to pair the phone for the first time. I have found with the BB that if you have the BB find the PCM you cant get them paired. If you have the PCM find the BB then the code will show up on the PCM screen and you can enter it into the BB. Unless you have the BB set to only "listen" and not "both" then the BB will always find the PCM first and you wont be able to pair them.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:02 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Agree to letting PCM finds the phone, insted of letting the phone finds PCM.

I use an iPhone, yet I guess the overall procedures are similar -- I first made sure to enable Bluetooth on my phone. Then in PCM there was a function to find all Bluetooth devices. I touched that button on the PCM screen, and it would find my phone - as well as any other Bluetooth devices if available - and displace them on the screen. Then I selected my phone on the PCM screen, and PCM would display a PIN. I entered the PIN on my phone, and they paired.

Regards,
Old 03-05-2010, 12:26 PM
peterm
Racer

got let the pcm look and the bberry listen and it gave me the code to enter into bberry. If you try to sync both at same time wont work, i must've happened upon it accidentally with the first phone!

Quick Reply: phone pairing 997.2