Sponsored by:

GOD save our cars from ourselves!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Orangebubblegum
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
I don't care if someone tracks their cars or not, but if you cannot drive properly on streets, have no clue what a dip stick is, not able to tell if your tire pressue is low, or basically don't appreciate what engineers have put into a car, why would you wanna buy an M5, while a 525 would do you just fine?

My dad never tracked his cars and never will, but he understands good engineering, proper handling, quality of craftsmanship, and what makes a car great... if he appreciates the performance of an M5, good for him and he deserves to drive one while he probably would never get to 7/10th of the performance.

I am talking about the people who only buy an M5, BECAUSE it was THE MOST EXPENSIVE 4-door BMW! Same thing is happening to Porsche owners who don't appreciate the performance, and just wanna be seen driving a Porsche!
Originally Posted by alexb76
First off, WATCH what you say! We are all sharing our opinions here... you are probably in the same camp of those people you described. Do you feel offended that I think people who don't know how to drive should probably just buy a Kia and call it a day?!

It HAS been going on for year for sure, but it is more so these days than it was back in the 70s! As people have dubmed down and are all about showing off. At least in the past it was with luxrury cars more so than sports cars, and that makes me wonder... the silver lining is that we can buy those cars off their hands after 2-3K miles at almost half price!
Watch what I say? Sorry, but who are you? I never objected to you sharing your opinion and Im not stopping you from doing so in any way, but you simply state the obvious and something that has been going on for ages. The fact is people buy whatever the hell it is they want. There is no criteria for buying a Porsche or almost any other car, other than a valid license and the cash. You can apply that to cars, watches, houses, boats, clothes, anything. There is no such thing as deserving, people buy whatever they want if they have the means, it doesnt matter what your criteria is for buying that object.

When I had my first flat tire, Id never seen someone change a tire nor did I know how to take one off. Instead, I opened the instruction manual, read a few paragraphs and in 30 minutes I had a new tire on. Someone else might called road side assistance and had it done for them, whether they could have changed the tire on their own and couldnt be bothered or they just didnt know, its their business and purely up to them.

Im offended by what you feel is the criteria that people should fit in order to own a car and how you state they dont deserve it unless they fit your criteria. Let me put it this way:

If you purposefully wore your sports watch with your expensive suit and some fashionista/o told you that you didnt deserve to own that watch or that suit, because you didnt wear a dress watch with your suit, would you be taken back or offended? Frankly, its none of their business and they are free to express their opinion, but to say that you didnt DESERVE that watch because of your choice of combination is insulting.

If you chose to build a house in a combination of styles and some architect who knew more about architecture than you, told you that you dont DESERVE to own a house like that because chose a particular combination of styles, would you be offended?

Again, Im not stopping you from voicing your opinion. But its insulting to someone to say that they dont deserve a car simply because they dont fit your criteria. Someone might have an expensive sports car and might know very little about it, but he might know a lot about other things that you know nothing about.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:07 PM
oh58driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't really care what other people drive, as long as they stay out of my way.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:26 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stubenhocker
Why is it anybody's business what car someone else buys or why they buy it or how they choose to take care of it?
This attitude, that I SHOULD BE THE STANDARD FOR HOW THE WORLD SHOULD OPERATE, is pretty creepy in its underlying authoritarianism.
I think it's a "psychological template" (i just made that up ) left over from High School.

Last time I saw my old friends from home we discussed what huge expletives we were to each other in HS. We were also very judgemental of other people.
We were all trying out different ideas and opinions about themselves and others. We were trying to establish our identity.

It's normal for teens and young adults. Something to get rid of as a mature adult.

Quick Reply: GOD save our cars from ourselves!!!!