Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought the Turbo PDK wheel....what's my multi-function PDK wheel worth?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010 | 11:27 PM
Twinspin
AutoX

Default Bought the Turbo PDK wheel....what's my multi-function PDK wheel worth?

I upgraded to the 2010 Turbo PDK wheel and want to sell my Black Leather multi-function pdk wheel out of my 2009 C4S and don't have a clue on its value..

Any thoughts?
Old 02-24-2010 | 01:57 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Not too much since everybody already has one.....
Old 02-24-2010 | 02:01 AM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

I think there are plenty of cars without the Multifunction Wheel - mine didn't have it and I added it - about $900 through the dealer (without the airbag). So figure less than that, but depending on condition...

I think you should be able to sell it no problem.
Old 02-26-2010 | 10:47 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

I'm more interested in the install and cost of the Turbo wheel. What did the whole arrangement cost? Do you like it better than the previous wheel? I currently use the shifter instead of the buttons, but the Turbo PDK wheel looks interesting (though I don't think the buttons are bad).
Old 02-27-2010 | 12:57 AM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I'm more interested in the install and cost of the Turbo wheel. What did the whole arrangement cost? Do you like it better than the previous wheel? I currently use the shifter instead of the buttons, but the Turbo PDK wheel looks interesting (though I don't think the buttons are bad).
$989 from Suncoast Porsche plus 30 minutes labor from my local dealer to install. I like it a lot! I didn't dislike the buttons, either, but the paddles work great. Plus, totally personal preference, but I like the looks of the new wheel very much.
Old 02-27-2010 | 06:37 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by jfr0317
$989 from Suncoast Porsche plus 30 minutes labor from my local dealer to install. I like it a lot! I didn't dislike the buttons, either, but the paddles work great. Plus, totally personal preference, but I like the looks of the new wheel very much.
Some reviewers have written that with the 4 control stalks already there, behind-the-wheel real estate gets pretty crowded by adding the paddles. Have you found this to be an issue at all?
Old 02-27-2010 | 06:57 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

remember the multifunction wheel was expensive, BUT then suncoast found they could JUST order the multifunction part without ordering the whole wheel/etc and i think it was like 279$?+install..

so a full wheel could only be sold to someone who damaged theirs because otherwise everyone has the same wheel... or u could find someone that wants multifunction part and sell to them for what suncoast sells for i would say.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...9972electronic

the actual steering wheel, everyone has the same wheel.. so i dont get why someone would want to upgrade... if tiptronic people could use the steering wheel then i would say it would be worth considerably more..
Old 02-27-2010 | 06:59 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Some reviewers have written that with the 4 control stalks already there, behind-the-wheel real estate gets pretty crowded by adding the paddles. Have you found this to be an issue at all?
also interested about the 4 stalks and if they get in the way.
Old 02-27-2010 | 07:48 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

When I first got the car back after having the paddle-equipped wheel installed, I accidentally touched the turn signal stalk once when I was reaching for the down-shifting (left) paddle. I thought to myself then that this might be an on-going problem. For the next few times I downshifted, I was more careful when I put my hand up to pull that paddle, and of course had no problem. I guess I must have gotten the hang of it because I have not inadvertently hit any of the stalks since that one time, and I have long since quit making any special effort to grab the paddle any particular way. Interestingly, I have never accidentally hit the washer stalk when reaching for the upshifting (right) paddle, nor have I had any issues with hitting any of the stalks when the wheel was turned and the paddles had rotated away from the 9 and 3 o'clock positions.

Bottom line is that I think I just needed a small bit of adaptation time with the new configuration, and it's worked fine for me since then.

Everyone's mileage may vary with this, though, so I would recommend that anyone considering the paddle-equipped wheel try to find a car with one installed to at least see how it feels first before buying and installing one for himself.
Old 02-27-2010 | 08:21 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by jfr0317
When I first got the car back after having the paddle-equipped wheel installed, I accidentally touched the turn signal stalk once when I was reaching for the down-shifting (left) paddle. I thought to myself then that this might be an on-going problem. For the next few times I downshifted, I was more careful when I put my hand up to pull that paddle, and of course had no problem. I guess I must have gotten the hang of it because I have not inadvertently hit any of the stalks since that one time, and I have long since quit making any special effort to grab the paddle any particular way. Interestingly, I have never accidentally hit the washer stalk when reaching for the upshifting (right) paddle, nor have I had any issues with hitting any of the stalks when the wheel was turned and the paddles had rotated away from the 9 and 3 o'clock positions.

Bottom line is that I think I just needed a small bit of adaptation time with the new configuration, and it's worked fine for me since then.

Everyone's mileage may vary with this, though, so I would recommend that anyone considering the paddle-equipped wheel try to find a car with one installed to at least see how it feels first before buying and installing one for himself.
Old 02-28-2010 | 09:23 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

John - Thanks for the informative replies!

Quick Reply: Bought the Turbo PDK wheel....what's my multi-function PDK wheel worth?