Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

That Smell!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Airrik
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok thanks guys. Should I have some applied on my 911? How much does it cost? Where can I get cosmoline>? Keep in mind mine is a 2001 with 51,000 miles now. I bought about it 9 months ago with 39,000 miles. Thanks
Old 02-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,379 Likes on 798 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
My issue is with the personal attacks and nonsense.
I think that you should sell this car and get a Vette. You will then smell the interior plastics even if yo get the leather-wrap trim, but perhaps you'll like it better.
perhaps practicing what you preach might be nice.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:13 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 394 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
perhaps practicing what you preach might be nice.
No fault here. I simply empathized with you, and since I also drove an '08 Vette for a year and know about plastic out-gassing, I forewarned you of the situation. I see no personal attack, as opposed to other replies on this thread.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:16 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LlBr
OT:
I don't get why people have to be less than positive and encouraging here....
Do you mean like in your reply #5?
Old 02-14-2010, 08:49 PM
At Law
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OT:
I don't get why people have to be less than positive and encouraging here. I searched OCben and couldn't believe the needless negative thinking. Of course he helped people too, but that still results in a big fat zero as far as positive karma is concerned. Must be the gladiatorial blood lust oozing through the keyboards; or "I was here first" resentment.

People should think of themselves as a teacher if they think they know something someone else doesn't: nobody wants a mean sarcastic teacher especially if they didn't sign up for the class. The last thing "students" want is to be told they are stupid.

Of course if you think you're John Houseman....... Heck...., its been a while. I forgot the "moral" of that story. Did he finally turn out to be a decent guy?
The Paperchase. That movie got me and many of my
law school buddies through school. We still get together
every once in awhile and have a glass or three of Scotish
and play that movie.

Adias, you're out of line. Quit trying to pick fights with
LlBr. He is an asset to this forum and provides outstanding
advice and information about our 997's.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:00 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by At Law
Adias, you're out of line. Quit trying to pick fights with
LlBr. He is an asset to this forum and provides outstanding
advice and information about our 997's.
Dammit! I just deleted the above post of mine thinking _I_ was out of line! The only person who is allowed to correct you is your teacher. Until one gets a teacher one should become a better and better judge of one's OWN thoughts and actions.

You are very kind to claim nice things about me here At, I'll be glad to disagree with you on other things but not on that issue! LOL (I'm kidding).
Old 02-14-2010, 09:20 PM
asu_lee
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's carry this one step further....

If your wife complains after you have been eating bean burritos.

Should she be able to get rid of you as you are now stinky?

(Just wondering people's feelings on this...as this thread seems to be all about feelings)
Old 02-14-2010, 09:23 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Dammit! I just deleted the above post of mine thinking _I_ was out of line! The only person who is allowed to correct you is your teacher. Until one gets a teacher one should become a better and better judge of one's OWN thoughts and actions.

You are very kind to claim nice things about me here At, I'll be glad to disagree with you on other things but not on that issue! LOL (I'm kidding).
I commend you for removing your post. Well done! At Law's comment I file it under 'random'.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:39 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 831 Likes on 565 Posts

I've had 4 Porsche's and never really noticed an irritating smell (hmm). My current car is 2500 miles into its life and I love it. I'll check for the smell.

However, these cars are a little rough. Some people think that a 997.2 is too noisy and rough to DD. I personally disagree but thats MY opinion and I dont try and change their mind. Others think you can DD a 997 GT3RS. Cool. These cars are taut, rough, maybe a little smelly, a little quirky. And thats what makes them special. They have become more luxurious and GT over the years - but they are far from "lexus-like" or luxury cars. Thank goodness. If the smell bothers you, sell it.

I think going down a legal route seems a little over board to me. Its like me buying a Ferrari and then complaining that its too noisy or whirry or the gear box is notchy etc. If there's an oil consumption issue, thats beyond normal, then thats a whole different issue.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by At Law
If you buy a pair of black bespoke shell cordovan shoes and
you realize they don't match your navy blue Brooks Brothers suit,
don't blame the shoe manufacturer. Instead, buy a different
color shoe. .

Cordovian lover? What to go with your Nascar Jacket? When you make the big leagues you'll be wearing Jon Lobbs, until then the Corvettes will be passing you, because they're faster.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:50 AM
At Law
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
Cordovian lover? What to go with your Nascar Jacket? When you make the big leagues you'll be wearing Jon Lobbs, until then the Corvettes will be passing you, because they're faster.
I'm referring to Shell Cordovan. And John Lobb does make shoes in Shell.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:24 AM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I commend you for removing your post. Well done!
Thank you. I'll do almost anything to increase happiness; but I'm far from perfect. As for my contribution to "nonsense" posts is concerned? I think it's the nature of the internet. Everywhere you go on the net there's stuff being thrown at you. I thought the cat smelling the shoes was funny. Moderators can always get rid of stuff for us.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:09 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no smell at all except leather, but then I have the full leather interior with leather sunvisors, leather roof liner, leather center console, leather rear console...etc (I live in fear of PETA attacking my car)

Quick Reply: That Smell!!!