Sponsored by:

Anyone deal with Porsche of the Main Line in Newton Square PA

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 07:01 PM
2zeroes
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone deal with Porsche of the Main Line in Newton Square PA

Ordering a targa 4s, wanted to see what people thought of the dealership and recommend a salesperson, or another dealership. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:25 AM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

I bought my 996 from them a few years back and dealt with them again a few months back when I was Cayenne shopping. Straight up, aggressive on price, professional. I will use them again.

I worked with Randal.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 537 Likes on 282 Posts

They used to be Brandywine, and were known for supporting enthusiasts then...
Old 02-07-2010, 01:08 AM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

I visited them once and they seemed to be very professional. The cars in inventory, however, seem to be configured unusually, to me ( color combos, orthe stuff)
Old 02-07-2010, 08:39 AM
gotfish
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i never made it there. if you want to compare pricing call eric exley at don rosen porsche in conshohocken. i have no affiliation. he went over and above to help me. would not hurt to get some competition going. good luck.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:55 AM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2zeroes
Ordering a targa 4s, wanted to see what people thought of the dealership and recommend a salesperson, or another dealership. Thanks.
I dealt with Eric and was very happy with the experience, he went above and beyond for me a couple of times and will always be thankful for that. Proper enthusiast.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:53 AM
VaTech68
2nd Gear

Try Winner Porsche in Newark, DE. Although I was satisfied with my salesperson at Main Line, I ended up buying my C4S from Winner. It took some negotiating, but the deal was better. Also, they are very supportive of the local Porsche Club. Members are quite pleased with their service.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:57 AM
911FM
Racer

Had a very good experience at Porsche of the Maine Line for Service. Highly recommend Erik Haas for a Service Advisor (DE enthousiast, nice guy, good communication). Kevin (Tech) was cool too. Other folks seem fine.

I think there is one Erik H in Service and another Erik in Sales (see post from jrotsaert).

FM

Last edited by 911FM; 02-07-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

I didn't buy my car from them, but I have used them for the three or four service visits, and installs of a few goodies.
Eric in service is a pleasure to deal with and each time, I was given a free loaner , a nice new Cayenne .
I would not hesitate to buy my next car there
Old 02-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

I spoke with Erk Niehof in Sales. He was very professional and generous with his time.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:23 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by VaTech68
Try Winner Porsche in Newark, DE. Although I was satisfied with my salesperson at Main Line, I ended up buying my C4S from Winner. It took some negotiating, but the deal was better. Also, they are very supportive of the local Porsche Club. Members are quite pleased with their service.
Agreed.

Dealt with both, Main Line was good and prof. If you search hard there were some issues with Brandywine towards their end - late on refunding deposits, shaky negotiating practices, etc. That has not been the case since the name change and I would not be afraid of dealing with them now.

That said, Alex Witham at Winner is an excellent guy to deal with. A true enthusiast (he runs a 81-2 Euro 911 SC) and a super guy. Give him a call as the more involved the better from your end. You wont go wrong ordering from them either as Tom in the service dept is a terrific and straight-up no BS mechanic. They are a good group overall, IMO.

GL

PS: OP - you don't have a location in your info under the username so I don't know if this works, but Alex Hilgetag is now with Precision (outside AC, NJ). Alex is also a great guy. He posts on the DE&Racing Forum. Races, instructs, and had a very nice track oriented Cayman S (now i think he is going spec Boxster IIRC). Runs with Schattenbaum. I have heard that dealership is pretty aggressive on pricing. So again, the more the merrier - give Alex H a shot too & GL..

Last edited by cello; 02-07-2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Add. thoughts
Old 02-07-2010, 12:51 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Princeton Porsche (Don Rosen) ask for Brian in sales.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:30 PM
RJC/SLC
AutoX

+1 for Brian at Princeton Porsche. I shopped Mainline, but kept getting the feeling they were not listening to what I wanted. Depending on where you are located, Holbert's Porsche in Warrington, PA is soon to become Thompson Porsche. It's the same family that owns the Thompson BWM, Lexus and Toyota dealerships. I have been a loyal BMW enthusiast for 25 years and the folks in their service department (Wayne) are the best.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:31 PM
irysfan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke with Randal at Mainline when I was shopping for my GT3. He is professional and was prompt in getting me what I needed. Above average compared with many other dealers I spoke with. I didn't buy from them but would consider them again next time.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:54 PM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 911FM
Had a very good experience at Porsche of the Maine Line for Service. Highly recommend Erik Haas for a Service Advisor (DE enthousiast, nice guy, good communication). Kevin (Tech) was cool too. Other folks seem fine.

I think there is one Erik H in Service and another Erik in Sales (see post from jrotsaert).

FM
Correct. I've dealt with both and only have nice things to say

Quick Reply: Anyone deal with Porsche of the Main Line in Newton Square PA