Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone deal with Porsche of the Main Line in Newton Square PA

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 11:54 AM
equ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked out a car at Main Line a year ago and they treated me very well. I ended up not buying the car for other reasons, but the dealership seemed as negotiable as the NJ dealerships and friendlier (better for test drives).
Old 02-09-2010, 08:56 AM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I've used Main Line for both of my Porsches (997 previously and now 993). They're very professional.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:14 AM
rvklein
Racer

I tried winner porsche. They didn't want to move off their price very much even though the market at the time dictated it but this was a year and half ago. Perhaps they didn't think I was serious.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:45 PM
2zeroes
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks to all that replied. I've contacted the dealerships mentioned. The deal to sell my 911 turbo fell through, so I think I'm going to keep it for now, but have decided to lease a 2010 Cayenne GTS. Gonna pull the trigger at the end of the month with whomever offers the best deal.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:16 PM
uncle buck
Instructor

I would call Chris Halvin at Vision in Reading as well. 610.777.6500. They are very competitive and Chris is very knowledgeable and and enthusiast to boot!!
Old 02-20-2010, 03:03 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC/SLC
+1 for Brian at Princeton Porsche. I shopped Mainline, but kept getting the feeling they were not listening to what I wanted. Depending on where you are located, Holbert's Porsche in Warrington, PA is soon to become Thompson Porsche. It's the same family that owns the Thompson BWM, Lexus and Toyota dealerships. I have been a loyal BMW enthusiast for 25 years and the folks in their service department (Wayne) are the best.
Hmm....really? I decided not to buy in Princeton one time as they were too awful to deal with......ended up buying a second time as they had the right car but my experience was pretty bad again. They wouldn't be high on my list for sales.

Service on the other hand is excellent and both cars go there. John in service is top notch.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:22 PM
obsessedone
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my car from Joel Casa at Main Line. Pleased with his help and that of dealership. I live in CT and bought long distance without a problem on purchase or on CPO warranty work done in CT.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:48 PM
soverystout
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by irysfan
I spoke with Randal at Mainline when I was shopping for my GT3. He is professional and was prompt in getting me what I needed. Above average compared with many other dealers I spoke with. I didn't buy from them but would consider them again next time.
Randal Boyer at mainline is very professional. I didn't by a car from him (or the dealer) but he was very nice to work with when I was shopping.

The Winner guys are great too. It's nice to have options.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Nicole Robichaud
1st Gear

Thumbs down Beware of Porsche of the Main Line -- EXTREMELY disappointed. Experiences in April 20

1. Approximately one month following my oil change at Porsche of the Main Line, my car began stalling. As it was unreliable to drive, I had it flat bedded to my home. Upon its arrival to our local Porsche dealership, it was determined that the stalling was caused by an unsecured placement of the oil cap, which caused oil to leak out. The car was fully inspected and everything else remained satisfactory. I am extremely dismayed by the service I have received, as I expect a $392.54 oil change to include properly closing my oil cap!!!!!!!

2. Additionally, I find it very interesting that the motor mount that staff at Porsche of the Main Line stressed that I needed to replace (about $1000 in costs) was also regarded as perfectly satisfactory at my local dealership.

3. I was advised that a specific part associated with my motor mount needed to be replaced -- but as my car is a 2006, that part was never in my car to begin with! This dealership is definitely trying to milk you for all they can get!!!

4. Unreliable -- came to pick up my car 4 hours after our scheduled time, and that was after they called me in the morning to confirm an INCORRECT time (which I corrected). I figured after we set things straight that morning, there is no way they could mess up the time again... I was wrong.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:56 AM
dunlopnick
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I just acquired some Champion Wheels thru Main Line - great parts guys who are enthusiasts.

Bought 2 vehicles thru Alex @ Porsche Of Delaware (Previously Winner) and not a bad word to be said, and he's a great guy and super knowledgeable. In recent years the company has put more focus on the Porsche brand and I believe it's paying off. They also support our local club extremely well - eg supporting our annual DE at NJMP.

Last edited by dunlopnick; 06-06-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:22 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Another 'thumbs up' for Alex Witham. Cant say this about too many salespeople, even at Porsche, but he is true enthusiast (has a 78 Euro SC too ). Give him a call - always good to have multiple dealerships involved...

Originally Posted by dunlopnick
Bought 2 vehicles thru Alex @ Porsche Of Delaware (Previously Winner) and not a bad words to be said, and he's a great guy and super knowledgeable. In recently years the company has put more focus on the Porsche brand and I believe it's paying off. They also support our local club extremely well - eg supporting our annual DE at NJMP.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:23 AM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

Got my GT3 there but it was used. Had no problems and would do business with them again.

Quick Reply: Anyone deal with Porsche of the Main Line in Newton Square PA