Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaning around the "Carrera" Logo - Best Ways?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 11:01 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It's the Connecticut 100 club and I couldn't tell you if it has any impact. I'm a long-time supporter of our emergency services people - police and fire. So when I was asked if I was interested in supporting the 100 Club I joined.

The Hundred Club of Connecticut is a charitable, non-profit, tax exempt organization of more than 2000 of our leading citizens from all parts of the state and from all walks of life who are committed to the task of easing the financial burdens of the surviving spouse and children of all police officers, correction officers, and firefighters, volunteer and full-time, who have given up their lives in the performance of their duties.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:21 PM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
but the how will other people know what kind of car it is?
Let's see, the engine is hanging out behind the rear axle, so it must be either a Porsche or an old VW Beetle. Or maybe it's a Chevy Corvair.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:07 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed my model logos and did a full polish and sealant, then put a new set on.

Maintaining these I use cosmetic brushes as Porsche paint is way too soft for even soft toothbrush or other synthetic brushes.

Yes, you can use a MF towel, but press too hard and you'll get marring.

Q-tips work well with Dawn to remove light wax.

Blow dry with a portable leaf blower as long as area is still wet. Never use an air compressor unless you have it setup for shooting paint, otherwise, you'll get fisheyes from the oil and moisture coming out of the compressor and the line.

Still do the removal/apply of the logo's once a year when doing a full detail.

Deanski

Quick Reply: Cleaning around the "Carrera" Logo - Best Ways?