Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Classic Exhaust Tip... anyway to order it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 01:41 PM
964C4
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce R
SC is a wide body car so that excludes any 2wd cars from the SC rear bumper cover. SC front bumper cover is a Techquipment piece so that should fit any 997.2.
Correct !

I own a 997.2 C4S and that's why I am so interested !
Old 01-28-2010, 02:16 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Gert
Wow, cool!

However, I guess unless I did the full bumper conversion the exhaust tips won't look good on my car.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:18 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce R
That price of a ducktail from Carnewal is about what I've just paid for a week's villa (very nice one) rental in Croatia. Think I'll wait - of course doesn't mean I don't want one.
Can u PM info on that Croatian villa? Planning a trip over there...

thanks
Old 02-05-2010, 01:34 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
Can u PM info on that Croatian villa? Planning a trip over there...

thanks
For that kinda money you should rent a cottage in Cuba. I know half of you are smiling right now. And if you are not smiling now, just read on...
The weather is nice, children will love it.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Wills
Advanced

Originally Posted by doubleclutch09
How about the taillights??? I think the clear lens is really great looking - wonder if that will be an available option for the 997.2 generally???
They are available in the UK under tequipment program so should be at a dealer near you soon if not now?
Old 02-06-2010, 04:48 PM
ultimate
Advanced

I just got back from Stuttgart - the factory tour was awesome, just me and my brother with the guide, pretty much the place to ourselves. Of the 200 sport classics being built, we saw about 15 on the line - very nice (the ducktail is awesome), but hard to justify the price. Most everything else being built were GT -3's, they also brought some boxster production back to Stuttgart so there were a number of those, including the new spyder.

The new engine production line was working (began with direct fuel injection), much more mechanized process but we were told production mistakes were way down.

The tour guide said the new tail lights are now an option
Old 02-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ultimate
I just got back from Stuttgart - the factory tour was awesome, just me and my brother with the guide, pretty much the place to ourselves. Of the 200 sport classics being built, we saw about 15 on the line - very nice (the ducktail is awesome), but hard to justify the price. Most everything else being built were GT -3's, they also brought some boxster production back to Stuttgart so there were a number of those, including the new spyder.

The new engine production line was working (began with direct fuel injection), much more mechanized process but we were told production mistakes were way down.

The tour guide said the new tail lights are now an option
Obviously you had a great time. Congrats! I was there in June and there were big changes from my previous trips in '84 and '99. Awesome is exactly the right word to describe it. Hope you got to visit the new museum as well.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:50 PM
ultimate
Advanced

It is a trip we all need to take - we were there for the 1st anniversary of the museum, it is a real kick to see the first production models of the various types, and the race cars and engines - way cool - it is very easy to get around Germany, my brother was picking up a new 7 series for euro delivery, I got to break it in by going 140 on the autobonn (they said it was ok ....)

Quick Reply: Sport Classic Exhaust Tip... anyway to order it?