Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 997.2 without nav, can I go aftermarket in dash?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 01:10 AM
jakes dad
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Itsser knowledgeable buyers. If you think you want nav seek another car, or face facts and buy an aftermarket suck-to-your-windshield Tom-Tom or the like.

My Tom Tom sits in the glovebox and when I need it I just plug it in and throw in on the seat next to me.... I've found out that you don't even need to stick it to the windshield.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:01 PM
steph280
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought this install was very clean. Been wanting to duplicate this but haven't had the time...

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...lots-pics.html
Old 01-13-2012, 08:26 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 820 Likes on 453 Posts

Did the post production NAV upgrade in my old 997.2S launch car and it cost me $4k from the dealer to swap out my non-nav PCM 3.0 and put the PCM 3.0 w/Nav in the car. In the process I totally lost my Sat radio functionality for good and that was enough for me to eventually upgrade to another 997.2 C4S with BOTH NAV and Sat Radio ipod/Bluetooth in the PCM 3.0. As most have already said...you can upgrade it with aftermarket for slightly cheaper but you will loose some functionality in your PCM 3.0 settings (some are avail only thru the head unit) and in costs and value as many will likely pass on your car for an OEM optioned one (or at least the majority of those who know a little more about these cars and what such mods do to them really in terms of value and electronics interoperability/interaction.) But as always its your car and your choice...it can be done.

If you want pics and an write up search under my name for my previous write up on my 987.2 aftermarket radio install (done in summer 2009). I took a Pioneer AVIC-2 SAT/NAV hookup and had my installer put it in my old 2009 Boxster. Worked great and looked almost as good as OEM but my installer had years of experience with Porsches and other high end cars and it cost me almost $1k for the install...so its not cheap for good quality work...Best Buy (not offense intended) is NOT who you want to do this job!

Quick Reply: 2009 997.2 without nav, can I go aftermarket in dash?