Sponsored by:

Re-using oem TPMS Stems/Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 02:56 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re-using oem TPMS Stems/Sensors

i bought a second set for my current aftermarket wheels.. original set in my OEM wheels..

going to order new wheels for the car, is it possible to order new rubber for the stems (grommets) or would i have to order 4 new stems if i wanted to do such?

the stems are not leaking, but i figured while im in there i might as well put new rubber to ensure no leaks down the line...

if they only sell the stems, can anyone link me on suncoast where the stems are? i saw it once but cant find my way to it now... i check all sections under 09+ and see nothing regarding stems.. just the caps and etc.

-riley
Old 01-23-2010, 05:52 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

I think you may not have to resort to this. Most tire shops today are geared up for this situation and have small parts kits when such grommets need replacing.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Harvey in FL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

FYI.......

I don't know the 997 experience has been on the life of TPMS batteries; but I saw on another board someone who said the batteries on his pcar lasting about four and a half years. When the batteries expire, the entire TPMS needs to be replaced. Just the battery can't be replaced from what I understand. And it's not cheap...$145 per TPMS + installation.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:40 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Harvey in MD
FYI.......

I don't know the 997 experience has been on the life of TPMS batteries; but I saw on another board someone who said the batteries on his pcar lasting about four and a half years. When the batteries expire, the entire TPMS needs to be replaced. Just the battery can't be replaced from what I understand. And it's not cheap...$145 per TPMS + installation.
I'll have sold car by then. But I heard thr new 997.2 tpms hibernate better and last like 8x longer because more complex system. The whole set of stems and sensors I bought were like 385$ and the stems were 50$ of that.

Quick Reply: Re-using oem TPMS Stems/Sensors