Sponsored by:

Clutch dumps & Warranties etc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:56 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
Everything is relative. I would still buy such car for, say, $20K or $25K top and then would race it to death just fine with no remorses. Would be fun.

If car was modded with racing ECU it could be not downshifted but just pushed into those hi revs. You never know.
Agreed, but he paid $50K!!! That's like on the high side for a clean 05 with no issues...

I'd return it if I could, take the money and spend it on a non-raced, no issue 997, which there are hudreds of them out there!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:59 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
Agreed, but he paid $50K!!! That's like on the high side for a clean 05 with no issues...

I'd return it if I could, take the money and spend it on a non-raced, no issue 997, which there are hudreds of them out there!
$50K is quite ridiculous, I agree. It is a good price for good '06 CPO C2S.

But again, there are plenty of people for whom $50K is something in a peanuts area. You never know.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:32 PM
hausherrs
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not able to find a CPO 06 C2S in Houston for $50k. I have however found some 05 C2S for the same price I paid. CPO would have to be from a dealer correct? Here's a link. These cars have higher mileage also. Send me a link to a flawless 06 CPO C2S with less then 21k on it and remaining bumper to bumper warranty please. I honestly don’t think they exist.

http://www.porschewest.com/used-inve...&SBprice=clear

Here’s a list of things that have been done to mine:

Eibach Springs
H&R Sway Bars
GT3 LCRs
BBS RS-GT wheels
New re050 Tires
Solid motor mounts
Porsche Short shift kit
Monoball bushings all around
Sport Chrono
Porsche Racing seats
Momo wheel (Who cares but..)
Sabelt 5pt harness
Yellow Roll Bar w/extinguisher
GT3 front bumper
GT3 Rear engine lid
Front drop links
Fully adjustable suspension
ECU was upgraded to eliminate the seat belt and airbag warning light
Pagid pads all the way around
EVERYTHING installed by Austin Porsche Dealership

Paint is completely flawless all the way around. Rims have no rash or scratches what so ever.

To me these things add to the value of the car ($7 - $8000 just in rims and tires). It will have a new motor in it next week. If the trans goes out I can get a used one for $3000.

I am confident that I will be extremely happy with the car when the engine is fixed.

I am very grateful for everyone comments and thoughts. Please don’t take any of my comments or notes personal or feel that I am stepping on anyone’s toes. That’s not my intention. If I didn’t expect a few people to think that maybe I was a little crazy I would have posted here!

Thanks,

Steven
Old 01-20-2010, 02:38 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hausherrs
If I didn’t expect a few people to think that maybe I was a little crazy I would have posted here!
Any person who buys a race car with sole intent to race it is a crazy person for sure.

Not if anything would be wrong with that. (c) Seinfeld.

Repairs do happen. It is not an end of the world, just money. If you want to make car even better replace stock shocks with Eibach springs with Moton or Bilstein coilovers. That should complete your options package.

--------------

Nevertheless, if I were you I would still dump this car and looked for used 996 GT3 instead. You should find one in your price range I think.

Last edited by utkinpol; 01-20-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:55 AM
hausherrs
Rennlist Member

So it turns out that the service dept at North Houston Porsche was a bit off on their diagnosis. The noise is from a cat that seems to have cracked the element. With every puff of the exhaust the element bangs against the housing as to sound like a bent valve. Theres nothing wrong with the engine. NHP told me they would have to pull the engine to find out what is wrong. Glad I shipped it to Austin now. Only bad part is a new cat isnt cheap. I am getting it at cost and zero $ for labor. Cant wait to have the car back...
Old 01-27-2010, 01:31 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How much is cost ?

Considering the car appears to be track built, might not have been a bad idea to get into a set 200 Cell Sport Cats --AWE ? Around $1600 ....

Too Late ??
Old 01-27-2010, 02:57 PM
hausherrs
Rennlist Member

Cost is $1300. I am assuming thats just for the cat. It was going to be $2500.

I am going to work on replacing the entire exhaust down the road. Right now the car is 200 miles away from me and I just want it fixed for now. I am sure I can find a good home for the new 'cat' when get done with it. Its hard to sell used emissions components on eBay.

Thanks,

Steven

Quick Reply: Clutch dumps & Warranties etc.