Sponsored by:

Tan Interior - Paint for Plastic Surfaces

Old 03-18-2017, 02:23 PM
eagle1960
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

!?

Last edited by eagle1960; 03-18-2017 at 02:26 PM. Reason: wrong pic inserted!
Old 03-18-2017, 03:58 PM
Royraiden
User

Originally Posted by captainbaker View Post
Royraiden,

Print this out or save it on your phone and walk it into Home Depot. It is an exact match to Sand Beige on my 2008 997. Credit goes to another Rennlister. I also tried to go in with a bunch of numbers on a piece of paper..but the paint gal messed it up twice before a senior paint person knew how to read the proper codes. Best $5 you will ever spend. Do yourself a favor and clean the surface with Windex or rubbing alcohol to get rid of any finger grease, grime etc. I used a small hobby brush. The Matte finish hides a lot of imperfections. Its an 8 ounce can, the size of a whiskey glass...also listed on the label.

Thanks,I finally got a match with one of the combinations posted previously in this thread, though I dont remember which one.I did cover a few spots and though the color match was right on, my poor skills were far from.Since my trim is a bit busted and the fact that the previous owner did an awful job trying to cover the scratches, I decided to take my car for a proper paintjob.

My go-to shop where I do all my maintenance/repairs also does bodywork and paintjobs and the owner showed me a Cayman that had some of the trim painted gloss black and I instantly fell in love with it, so I think Ill go that route.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:42 AM
benfidar
New User

Default Behr Paint code.

Captain Baker: Since the picture is no longer up, could you post the numbers on the Behr label? I know that this is an old post, but I think it will be popular forever!

Ricardo

Print this out or save it on your phone and walk it into Home Depot. It is an exact match to Sand Beige on my 2008 997. Credit goes to another Rennlister. I also tried to go in with a bunch of numbers on a piece of paper..but the paint gal messed it up twice before a senior paint person knew how to read the proper codes. Best $5 you will ever spend. Do yourself a favor and clean the surface with Windex or rubbing alcohol to get rid of any finger grease, grime etc. I used a small hobby brush. The Matte finish hides a lot of imperfections. Its an 8 ounce can, the size of a whiskey glass...also listed on the label.

[/QUOTE]
Old 05-07-2019, 11:56 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Second vote!

Yeah can you print out the Sand Beige plastic interior codes again for the paint? My 2006 Cayman with Sand Beige interior has all kinds of plastic nicks I need to touch up. I have the rear center console in exterior color so my ash tray is guards red and wont help me. Id have to hunt for another piece of trim to take into Home Depot for a match and not sure what that might be.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:15 PM
boxtaboy
User

I just bought this from fleabay, and itís actually a pretty good match. One bottle you can touch up a crap load on leather or the plastic bits. Itís not a perfect match, but pretty good for me. I touched up small areas on my handbrake, steering wheel, door window mirror switch triangle piece, and a mark on my seat.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F171688469041

Old 05-07-2019, 02:37 PM
Ben Z
User

Originally Posted by UDPride View Post
Second vote!

Yeah can you print out the Sand Beige plastic interior codes again for the paint? My 2006 Cayman with Sand Beige interior has all kinds of plastic nicks I need to touch up. I have the rear center console in exterior color so my ash tray is guards red and wont help me. Id have to hunt for another piece of trim to take into Home Depot for a match and not sure what that might be.

This was scanned by Home Depot from my ashtray lid (2005 997) and is a perfect invisible
match for all my interior beige plastic. No guarantees it will match other peoples though.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:53 PM
scadams
User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hereís mine with an example of some touch up I did on a ravaged key bezel. I couldíve done a lot better job but Iím gonna replace the bezel with a new one any way.

Old 05-09-2019, 09:50 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I found a piece of door trim in Sand Beige I pulled off when Bumperplugs did some replacement painted parts for me. Im going to take it to The Depot this weekend or next week and get some paint to match the trim. I may also take your codes with me as backup. Will report back on findings/results.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:59 PM
okbarnett
Super User

I probably answered this, but SEM is the product you want to use. auto paint store mix this. Just take a part for sample to match. Its usually $40 pt. Dupont also makes the same product.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:12 PM
ehjun
User

Originally Posted by scadams View Post
Hereís mine with an example of some touch up I did on a ravaged key bezel. I couldíve done a lot better job but Iím gonna replace the bezel with a new one any way.
wow that looks really good. looks like i found a weekend project

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tan Interior - Paint for Plastic Surfaces

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: