Sponsored by:

Tan Interior - Paint for Plastic Surfaces

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 02:23 PM
eagle1960
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 131 Posts

!?

Last edited by eagle1960; 03-18-2017 at 02:26 PM. Reason: wrong pic inserted!
Old 03-18-2017, 03:58 PM
Royraiden
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captainbaker
Royraiden,

Print this out or save it on your phone and walk it into Home Depot. It is an exact match to Sand Beige on my 2008 997. Credit goes to another Rennlister. I also tried to go in with a bunch of numbers on a piece of paper..but the paint gal messed it up twice before a senior paint person knew how to read the proper codes. Best $5 you will ever spend. Do yourself a favor and clean the surface with Windex or rubbing alcohol to get rid of any finger grease, grime etc. I used a small hobby brush. The Matte finish hides a lot of imperfections. Its an 8 ounce can, the size of a whiskey glass...also listed on the label.

Thanks,I finally got a match with one of the combinations posted previously in this thread, though I dont remember which one.I did cover a few spots and though the color match was right on, my poor skills were far from.Since my trim is a bit busted and the fact that the previous owner did an awful job trying to cover the scratches, I decided to take my car for a proper paintjob.

My go-to shop where I do all my maintenance/repairs also does bodywork and paintjobs and the owner showed me a Cayman that had some of the trim painted gloss black and I instantly fell in love with it, so I think Ill go that route.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:42 AM
benfidar
3rd Gear

Default Behr Paint code.

Captain Baker: Since the picture is no longer up, could you post the numbers on the Behr label? I know that this is an old post, but I think it will be popular forever!

Ricardo

Print this out or save it on your phone and walk it into Home Depot. It is an exact match to Sand Beige on my 2008 997. Credit goes to another Rennlister. I also tried to go in with a bunch of numbers on a piece of paper..but the paint gal messed it up twice before a senior paint person knew how to read the proper codes. Best $5 you will ever spend. Do yourself a favor and clean the surface with Windex or rubbing alcohol to get rid of any finger grease, grime etc. I used a small hobby brush. The Matte finish hides a lot of imperfections. Its an 8 ounce can, the size of a whiskey glass...also listed on the label.

[/QUOTE]
Old 05-07-2019, 11:56 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Second vote!

Yeah can you print out the Sand Beige plastic interior codes again for the paint? My 2006 Cayman with Sand Beige interior has all kinds of plastic nicks I need to touch up. I have the rear center console in exterior color so my ash tray is guards red and wont help me. Id have to hunt for another piece of trim to take into Home Depot for a match and not sure what that might be.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 747 Likes on 403 Posts

I just bought this from fleabay, and it’s actually a pretty good match. One bottle you can touch up a crap load on leather or the plastic bits. It’s not a perfect match, but pretty good for me. I touched up small areas on my handbrake, steering wheel, door window mirror switch triangle piece, and a mark on my seat.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F171688469041

Old 05-07-2019, 02:37 PM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride
Second vote!

Yeah can you print out the Sand Beige plastic interior codes again for the paint? My 2006 Cayman with Sand Beige interior has all kinds of plastic nicks I need to touch up. I have the rear center console in exterior color so my ash tray is guards red and wont help me. Id have to hunt for another piece of trim to take into Home Depot for a match and not sure what that might be.

This was scanned by Home Depot from my ashtray lid (2005 997) and is a perfect invisible
match for all my interior beige plastic. No guarantees it will match other peoples though.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:53 PM
scadams
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 120 Posts

Here’s mine with an example of some touch up I did on a ravaged key bezel. I could’ve done a lot better job but I’m gonna replace the bezel with a new one any way.

Old 05-09-2019, 09:50 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

I found a piece of door trim in Sand Beige I pulled off when Bumperplugs did some replacement painted parts for me. Im going to take it to The Depot this weekend or next week and get some paint to match the trim. I may also take your codes with me as backup. Will report back on findings/results.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:59 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I probably answered this, but SEM is the product you want to use. auto paint store mix this. Just take a part for sample to match. Its usually $40 pt. Dupont also makes the same product.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:12 PM
ehjun
Track Day

Originally Posted by scadams
Here’s mine with an example of some touch up I did on a ravaged key bezel. I could’ve done a lot better job but I’m gonna replace the bezel with a new one any way.
wow that looks really good. looks like i found a weekend project
Old 09-17-2019, 03:10 PM
PierW
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

What is the color code for your interior? Savannah Beige? It looks to be the same as mine and if so, I'll just use your codes.

Thanks for the footwork on this...even if I am almost 10 years late to the party! New owner of an '07 and am just OCD enough to not want to look at the little nicks here and there!

Pier
Old 09-17-2019, 06:43 PM
benfidar
3rd Gear

Default Sand Beige

My interior is apparently "Sand Beige". I know this only from the BAT auction page from when I bought the car.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:33 PM
Tell Butler
2nd Gear

Default Sand Beige Interior Touchup Solution

Thank you so much for providing this paint touchup information. Have you or anyone else come up with a way to touch up the gray metallic interior parts like the cover around the seat base hinge?

I really appreciate your help with this!
Old 12-17-2019, 05:31 PM
NWOBHM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

The DIY enamel paint in the pics above looks good - just wonder how it's going to wear over time?

As an alternative, I'm in the process of having several interior wear items repaired professionally in my new to me 2005 Boxster S with the Sand Beige interior. I have no affiliation, but can not speak highly enough of a company called Fibrenew - seems like there are franchises throughout the US and Canada.

The seats had a tear in the side and wear from the seat belt - I could not be happier with their results. Had the hand brake done too - total was $250. FYI overall leather color difference in pics is simply lighting.

Having them redo the center console (with me removing it) and some door panel marks after the first of the year.

The following 2 users liked this post by NWOBHM:
rtl5009 (12-17-2019), yvesvidal (01-23-2024)
Old 12-17-2019, 06:23 PM
rtl5009
Three Wheelin'

Received 678 Likes on 321 Posts

^Damn I am definitely going to go with these guys to fix out my drivers oh **** handle on the door and left hand bolster on the seat from jeans rubbing. THANK YOU

Quick Reply: Tan Interior - Paint for Plastic Surfaces