Replacement tips for 997.2 PSE

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 06:53 PM
onedae
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Replacement tips for 997.2 PSE

Hello all -
just got a new 2010 Carrera S with the PSE option. Love the sound, hate the look of the tips. Anyone know where I might find a better looking set of replacement tips?
Thanks
Old 01-16-2010, 07:03 PM
GHills
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't help but have to agree, those tips are completely lame. What the heck was Porsche thinking
Old 01-16-2010, 08:52 PM
At Law
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put a set of 997.1 tips on it.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:39 PM
doubleclutch09
Advanced

Hey onedae - I'm totally with you on the hideous crap tips that Porchse is putting on the new 911 PSE. I'm getting ready to order my 997.2 w/ PSE and will face the same thing. No alternate tips are available yet surprisingly, but please note the below recent offer from Alex at Fabspeed to create a set for us. Is there anyway you could let Fabspeed borrow your tips so you can get a free cool replacement and then good alternate tips will be available for the rest of us to buy? Thanks!!

Addict
Rennlist Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoke with Alex at Fabspeed to inquire whether he had any tips to fit the 2009 PSE and he didn't but he offered me this deal :

If I was willing to send him my stock 2009 PSE Tips, he would use that to fabricate something new ( obviously nicer than the hotdog bun stock tips ) and offer me a free set once they are completed. Since my C4S is my daily driver I don't want to part with my tips so looking for someone else who may be interested. Keep in mind this is only for a 2009 PSE which are different than previous years tips. I don't have any more details as to design, polished, brushed, etc so if anyone is interested please contact Alex@fabspeed.com and post any new info in this thread. Maybe Alex can also chime in if he sees this post. Thanks
2009 C4S Cabrio in Basalt Black, PDK, Power Comf Seats, Natural Brown Full Leather Int, 19" Turbo Wheels, PSE, Navigation, Bose Audio, XM Radio, Bluetooth, Electronic Log, PCM Voice Control, Universal Audio Interface, Makassar Package with Multi Function, Stainless Steel Illum. Entry Guards, Porsche Crest in Head, Self Dimming Miror, Park Assist, Heated Seats & Steering Wheel, Painted Sideskirts, Sport Chrono, Rear Lip Spoiler, Llumar Ceramic 30 % Tint, SmartTop, LLoyd Mats

porscheman1963
View Public Profile
Send a private message to porscheman1963
Send email to porscheman1963
Find More Posts by porscheman1963
Add porscheman1963 to Your Contacts

12-23-2009, 01:59 PM #2
doubleclutch09
User

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had received a similar reply from Alex to my inquiry for PSE tips for '09 and newer 997.2. Hopefully, someone will be able to provide a PSE tip to Fabspeed for design purposes (or the car itself if they live near Fabspeed's location). Would be great to have an attractive alternative to the atrocious factory hot dog tips! I'm certain that Fabspeed could sell a lot of those!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 01:09 PM
onedae
Rennlist Member

I was not aware of Fabspeeds offer. I will call Alex on Monday. Might be interested in sending him my tips and seeing what he can come up with. I'll post the results.
At Law - you suggested using the 997.1 PSE tips - can you confirm that they fit? If so, that would work fine for me - I like the look of the 2 different sizes tips.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:42 PM
doubleclutch09
Advanced

onedae - Good luck in touching base with Alex @ Fabspeed...please keep us posted as to updates. My understanding is that the 997.1 PSE tips will absolutely not fit the 997.2 PSE system.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:50 PM
ross74
Instructor

BTW guys, I had the same issue, and then I decided to fit the PSE and see how they look before I find a way to change the tips, but actually they look much better in metal than in the pics so I am keeping them..
Old 01-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Funny, I was also a little disappointed when I picked up my car and saw the PSE tips for the first time. But now, they've grown on me and I like that fact that they have a different look and aren't chromed or shiny. No accounting for taste.....
Old 01-19-2010, 02:20 PM
porscheman1963
Instructor

I also wanted to change out my PSE Tips but I hear many people talking about black soot that collects on them. The one good thing about the stock PSE Tips is that they are back on the inside so they never look dirty . That said I would still swap them out for something else if there were some other options !!!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Tom N
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Funny, I was also a little disappointed when I picked up my car and saw the PSE tips for the first time. But now, they've grown on me and I like that fact that they have a different look and aren't chromed or shiny. No accounting for taste.....
+1

When I picked up my car last fall I had not seen the PSE tips, and thought they looked a bit odd, but I now really like the look. More sheen than shine.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:58 PM
onedae
Rennlist Member

I called Fabspeed and they have no plans to make tips for the new PSE. I guess its wait and see what, if anything, hits the market.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:45 PM
doubleclutch09
Advanced

onedae - Did you speak to Alex directly? If you call and just speak to one of the Fabspeed techs or salesmen, they will give their standard "no plans" answer as to 997.2 PSE tips - that happened to me, before I heard from Alex directly. If you e-mail Alex or ask to speak to him directly, I'll bet he will get the new tips done for you (and for free since you would be the first). That was the offer to more than one of us. If you find out anything else, please let us know. Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Replacement tips for 997.2 PSE