Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 12:34 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRP Pedals 997 - 20% Discount 2011

Updated for 2011

Hello,

I haven’t posted lately, but we are still here in 2011. My company is SRP Racing. We are an official Rennlist sponsor. We have been making racing pedals since 1995.
www.srpracing.com
--------------------
Our pedals are designed to offer the highest levels of grip and much improved heel toe sizing. They are also the best looking pedals on the market I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves. We have four different surface finishes to choose from. The Grid surface finish is the most popular, so that is what I mostly post pictures of.
--------------------
Your feet will not slide on our pedals. Once you start braking, your foot will not slide. However, you still have plenty of control for blipping the throttle. You DO want your foot to slide on the gas pedal. This is so you can apply the throttle smoothly. You will notice that our Grid finish gas pedals have smoother grids, so as to reduce the grip.
--------------------
As a reminder, I am going to keep running the Rennlist discount coupon code for Rennlist members. Just enter: rennlist while checking out for 20% off.
--------------------
Please note, the pictures below are just examples, and might not be for your particular car.
--------------------

--------------------
You can also order our pedals with black anodizing.

--------------------
We do offer other finishes. Check out our website for more pictures and info.

--------------------
If you would like more info on the grip levels of our pedals, follow the link below.
http://www.srpracing.com/pedal_grip_test.cfm
--------------------
Thank you,
Brian
www.srpracing.com
--------------------

Last edited by pedalpusher; 02-14-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 130 Posts

Very nice pedals... How durable has the black anodizing been? I really like that look but don't want something where the black wears off from use.

Thanks

Matt (in MA)
Old 01-15-2010, 04:49 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

How do they perform if your feet is wet? I always had problems with metal pedals after getting in the car in a wet weather. They just slide off and make it quite dangerous!

I like the Audi pedals where there is rubber in those holes or slots to prevent sliding when shoes are wet!
Old 01-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Axxlrod
Instructor

I purchased these pedals as a christmas present to myself last month. I love them. He is right when he says that your foot will not slip off the brake or clutch pedal. The little spikes dig into the sole of your shoe.

I purchased the flanged dead pedal, and the only downside I've encountered is that the flanged pedal is a little wider and results in less room between it and the clutch pedal. I have to make sure I am wearing narrow shoes now when I drive my car.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:48 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by alexb76
How do they perform if your feet is wet? I always had problems with metal pedals after getting in the car in a wet weather. They just slide off and make it quite dangerous!

I like the Audi pedals where there is rubber in those holes or slots to prevent sliding when shoes are wet!
We did some testing a year or two ago, just to see how much grip they actually have. On the first test the pedals were dry. On the "wet" test we used Armor All, just to exagerrate the results (worst-case-scenario). You will also notice on the charts that we tested our current "Pyramid Grid" as well as a "flat-top" grid design. The important number is on the right of the chart, the "coefficient of friction".

Old 02-25-2010, 12:14 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Porsche pedals in Grid finish

Old 07-21-2010, 12:01 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Time for a thread bump. Porsche pedals are still 20% off, just enter rennlist in the discount coupon code box when checking out. Also, I have changed the product pages on our website to hopefully make things a little more intuitive.

http://www.srpracing.com/cat_porsche.cfm

Old 07-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Roverrich
6th Gear

Timely post, I was considering some new pedals for my '08 C2S. One question, your site mentions that you can "fine tune" the relationship between your gas pedal and brake pedal to make Heel-toe shifting easier. How is this accomplished with your pedals? Thanks.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:02 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Roverrich
Timely post, I was considering some new pedals for my '08 C2S. One question, your site mentions that you can "fine tune" the relationship between your gas pedal and brake pedal to make Heel-toe shifting easier. How is this accomplished with your pedals? Thanks.
The obvious gain for heel-toe is with the extra width of the gas pedal. After installing, you can then "shim" the brake or gas pedal to do the fine tuning. Most of the Porsche people need to raise the gas relative to the brake for easier heel-toe. I just use flat washers to achieve this. Quick, easy, and cheap. It is surprising how much difference the height makes.

If you are interested, pm me your email address and I can send you a PDF of our standard gas pedal as well as our "double heel toe" gas pedal. You can then print them out and "try" them on your car. This is a good way of trying before buying. Of course, we still have the 30 day guarantee. The above goes for anyone.

Brian
Old 07-21-2010, 10:53 PM
thinklabinc
Advanced

Can someone describe briefly the installation process? On the site there is reference to drilling....do the factory pedals bolt off?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:34 AM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by thinklabinc
Can someone describe briefly the installation process? On the site there is reference to drilling....do the factory pedals bolt off?

Here is a link to our instruction page.
http://www.srpracing.com/installation_instructions.cfm

The factory brake and clutch are welded on, there is no easy way to replace them. So, just remove the rubber covers, drill, and bolt on the new ones. The factory gas and footrest are plastic, so these are easy to do.

The important thing is once they are installed, they are a part of your car with no chance of coming off.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:01 AM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

If there is any interest, we can offer the pedals in the gray as shown below. The pricing would be just a little higher than the black anodizing. These look real classy.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:23 PM
TooSixy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you mount these to the OEM pedals?
Old 11-05-2010, 05:48 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TooSixy
How do you mount these to the OEM pedals?
Here's a link to the install instructions:
http://www.srpracing.com/installation_instructions.cfm

You do have to drill to install them. Once installed, they are a part of your car with no chance of coming off. Also, you can use the pedals to fine-tune the height relationship between the gas and brake to make heel toe more comfortable.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:33 AM
TooSixy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the link to the installation. Seems pretty easy.

Quick Reply: SRP Pedals 997 - 20% Discount 2010