Dec '09 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Harvey in FL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJones
Sale is when customer takes delivery
I want to add ....also in the stats are punched cars.

When a vehicle is "punched", it is recorded to the MANUFACTURER that the vehicle is "sold". That generates a sale for a manufacturer's monthly recording, as well as for the Dealer. There is no title change, which is a State legality, and the vehicle is still on the MSO, which is a manufacturers title. In simple terms, the vehicle is still "brand new".

Buyer beware....the buyer of a new car which has been on the lot for a while should check to see if the car has been punched. I believe the warranty states the day the car was punched.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:26 PM
jcr22042
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to add ....also in the stats are punched cars.
It also doesn't include cars SOLD/DELIVERED that had ALREADY been punched. Therefore, the stats pretty much even out, since you can only punch a car once.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:55 PM
richc
Pro

I don't care for the Panamera. What I want to watch is how much the used ones go for next year.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:10 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Sales overall are down...nothing to be happy about. BTW, how do you know that Porsche wasn't expecting twice as many sales on the sedan and the reality is that it has not met expectations...its all relative, p.r., and some b.s.. Ugly car.
abe
Old 01-07-2010, 11:18 PM
go-C4S-injune
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rapide is a beauty but I can't imagine it'll hold candle to Panamera's reliability and daily usability... having said that, I want one!
Old 01-08-2010, 04:25 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was under the impression that "punched" cars MUST be sold as used cars regardless of mileage, title status, etc.

Am I incorrect on that?
Old 01-08-2010, 06:09 AM
boolala
Race Car

The warrantee of every new car I have ever bought stipulates that it starts on the sale date. Period.

Nobody would accept anything less.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

sorry if i missed it somewhere but...what are the numbers for manual vs. PDK? we've all seen NUMEROUS arguments on here which include both sides calling the other silly for their choice, as well as both sides proclaiming that the other will soon be discontinued/never be fully accepted, etc. my point? an article in "automobile" mag about the new ferrari 458 italia and how it will NOT be offered in a manual:

"purists can howl all they want, but the people who acutally buy ferraris have voted: the take rate for traditional manuals has been just this side of zero."

whose transmission is superior, notwithstanding...i am wondering if/when this will happen to a model in the P-car line-up.

thoughts?
Old 01-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Harvey in FL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
I was under the impression that "punched" cars MUST be sold as used cars regardless of mileage, title status, etc.

Am I incorrect on that?
Punched cars are sold as new car since the title has not been changed. I verified this with a dealer.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:30 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Harvey in MD
Punched cars are sold as new car since the title has not been changed. I verified this with a dealer.
Thanks.

I'll be.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by boolala
The warrantee of every new car I have ever bought stipulates that it starts on the sale date. Period.

Nobody would accept anything less.

People accept it all the time and YES the dealer has to disclose that the car has been punched and the warranty has started. Many dealers buy/punch their inventory from PCNA to show more sales and then they can lease those cars which would be covered for longer than the lease term. Also customers can get a better deal if they like a car which the dealer has punched already.
All warrantees start the day the car is punched, it has nothing to do with delivery, order, shipping, grounding or you name it.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:46 PM
intheloop700
Track Day

Originally Posted by go-C4S-injune
Rapide is a beauty but I can't imagine it'll hold candle to Panamera's reliability and daily usability... having said that, I want one!
The Rapide is gorgeous...but tiny inside, a lot smaller back seat than Panamera. More Mercedes CLS-sized interior.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:00 PM
ross74
Instructor

If you extrapolate the numbers, Panamera could sell more that 25,000 worldwide in 2010 which is a very strong performance if it happens.

And it is no surprise to me at all as it is a fantastic product. No other car in the world carries 4 people and their luggage in comfort while doing the things that the Panamera can do.

Dont care about its looks. or how a car looks in general.
I hated the looks of the 911 before i drove it for the first time. And i absolutely love it now. So my aesthetics are clearly influenced by the ability of a car )

Quick Reply: Dec '09 Sales