Sponsored by:

'06 S Cab Choices - Seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 03:48 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MichaelL
The 8000 versus 22000 mile difference means more than the seats. I can't see how Porsche makes the seat heaters an option, should be standard. Both the standard and sport seats are comfortable. No salesman should ever allow a car to be ordered without seat heaters.

Extending the warranty might run around $3K for 3 years.
The same thing could be said about sport seats and ***. Why doesn't Porsche make them standard rather than "comfort" seats. It suggests that sport seats are uncomfortable, when they're not.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:02 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The choice for me would depend on how many others are driving the car. Having power seats with sport chrono give you the memory seating positions I believe. If someone other than yourself is going to be driving the car it might be nice to have the memory positions for each driver.

FWIW I have the standard seats with power and find them to be comfortable-never leaving me wanting something else. I'm sure the sport seats are as good/better for comfort however I don't think you'll be disappointed sitting in the standard seats. If you like looking at sport seats just before you drop your butt on them then by all means get the sport seats.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
Oh god.... how about a heated shifter to go with the heated steering wheel and heated seats? Maybe heated Bose stereo ****? Heated turn signal lever? Oh, and don't forget heated pedals for your feet that might get cold. Maybe they could make seats that disperse heat right on the neck like Mercedes.
My BMW has a heated steering wheel. I kinda like it. :P
Old 01-03-2010, 05:12 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 14 Posts

Sunshine & 46 degrees seemed to be my cut off temp for top down driving, with heated seats.
It is some joyful driving and helps to to shake off winter.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:01 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
My BMW has a heated steering wheel. I kinda like it. :P
I would not take seriously any comments about winterizing car from folks residing in Arizona. They do not know the ultimate pleasure of having to breathe heavily at your fingers when you have to drive in the morning.

997 car takes pretty long time to warm up BTW, at least it takes veery considerable time for hot air to start blowing from air ducts. I just git new custom MF wheel and it has thicker rim so it is not so cold as stock one but still, to have heated one would be much better.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:28 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

What are the colors? Is that a factory warranty?
Old 01-03-2010, 07:00 PM
jes999
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
What are the colors? Is that a factory warranty?
8K mile car is Artic Silver/Sea Blue/Metropol Blue and the 23K car is Artic Silver/Black/Black.

It is an aftermarket warranty, bumper to bumper with a $100 per incident deductible. Local P-Car dealer says that they accept it and have no problems with claims.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:06 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
Rennlist Member

Black top and black interior is a big heat sink.

Make sure the insurance is from a reputable company.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:24 PM
jes999
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
Black top and black interior is a big heat sink.

Make sure the insurance is from a reputable company.
Understood about the warranty company. What is your point about the Black top/interior vs the blue? I have had several cars with black interiors and have not found them measureably "hotter" than other dark colors.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:52 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
I would not take seriously any comments about winterizing car from folks residing in Arizona. They do not know the ultimate pleasure of having to breathe heavily at your fingers when you have to drive in the morning.

997 car takes pretty long time to warm up BTW, at least it takes veery considerable time for hot air to start blowing from air ducts. I just git new custom MF wheel and it has thicker rim so it is not so cold as stock one but still, to have heated one would be much better.
yes fine but notice that the OP lives here in Scottsdale, Arizona. It is low 70's for the next few days. We don't need seat warmers!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:53 AM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jes999
Understood about the warranty company. What is your point about the Black top/interior vs the blue? I have had several cars with black interiors and have not found them measureably "hotter" than other dark colors.
Just my experience with the black top and interior of my 987S. I would think that anything other than black would be a somewhat cooler.

Quick Reply: '06 S Cab Choices - Seats