Adding PSE exhaust button to Sport/PASM car

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Rambler358
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
I'm going to buy PSE for my wife.
Did you do the install, or pay $$$ to do it?
I hear that installing the PSE including the on/off switch is quite a task. The cheapest dealer quote I got for installing the PSE in my '07 911, for parts and labor (with the switch) was $4500.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:11 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
Maybe I am not explaining myself...

I wanna keep the look OEM, and use the PSE/Exhaust icon button on the dash, next to Spoiler/PASM/Sport button... I probably need to fabricate a hole in the switch panel to add another button as I don't believe there's an OEM one with enough slots.

My main question which I haven't been able to answer, is that CAN I USE the PSE button along with Sport button? hooked up to ECU (still like the 50miles automatic PSE ON feature).

I wanna put it next to other buttons, using OEM PSE button (like here):

Alex, I believe you can get a different face plate, which will hold one additional button, from the dealer.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:17 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambler358
I hear that installing the PSE including the on/off switch is quite a task. The cheapest dealer quote I got for installing the PSE in my '07 911, for parts and labor (with the switch) was $4500.
It isn't "easy" but shouldn't cost that much. I installed my PSE mufflers, along with X51 headers, without removing the rear bumper. If i had removed it the job would have been a lot easier. The hardest part of the wiring is getting it from the engine compartment into the car through the large rubber grommet on the far right side of the engine bay. Very tight quarters in which to work. But it just takes patience.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Rambler358
Instructor

Originally Posted by keninirvine
It isn't "easy" but shouldn't cost that much.
From what I've read here, $4500 seems to be the average cost of a dealer installed PSE w/switch. Whether the dealer *should* charge that much is another matter.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:30 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

perhaps buying the PSE from a dealer having an sale and installing it elsewhere may be the cheapest route.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:21 AM
purrybonker
Pro

Originally Posted by alexb76
Maybe I am not explaining myself...

I wanna keep the look OEM, and use the PSE/Exhaust icon button on the dash, next to Spoiler/PASM/Sport button...
Nifty idea - that's the PSE solution for the 997.2, as you know. But you also know that the PCM is different on the .2, so the faceplate isn't going to swap in on your .1. No doubt you could get the "muffler" button, but you'd have to self-mod the faceplate to add it.

I just had my PSE/X51s installed last week at MCL. I debated the various installation iterations discussed around here and ended up just going with the factory solution on my retrofit.

I might add an ashtray switch down the road, but having PSE on only with engagement of the Sport mode doesn't bother me right now. Plus I generally prefer OEM solutions unless there's a tangible benefit to doing otherwise.

I have to say I'm happy with the PSE, I had the X51 headers put in as well and the sound seems a bit "beefier" even with the PSE turned off. With the PSE on the sound is very appealing to me - I can't wait for a chance to try it with the top down.

Quick Reply: Adding PSE exhaust button to Sport/PASM car