Sponsored by:

2009 C4S on Snow Tires/Wheels. Victor Zehn 18"/Pirelli Sottozero N2's

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 02:59 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Track Mind
Big Zehn shipment from ?Australia to US arrived last week. Delivered FedEx to Discount Tire Naperville, IL last night at 5 pm. Excellent service. Out the door shortly after 6 and they were busy. This store services many of the Porsche Financial cars out of Lisle, IL. Reportedly they prefer 295 in back so that's what I ordered. Slick ice and slush last night. Grip less than Blizzaks on an Audi. This is likely more a function of tire width than AWD system. I really enjoy driving in the snow. In retrospect I should have sought a width and compound allowing more aggressive snow/ice driving. If you see lots of snow I'd consider 265 rear and a compound that might sacrifice some dry grip in favor of ice adhesion. These are early impressions based on fewer than 50 stops and 10 turns on ice/snow.
That's what I did, got 265/40R18 in the rear, however with Michelin PA2 N1 tires. Will report how it does in snow.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:28 AM
4 Track Mind
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Do you know if those tires come siped?
Yes. Per TireRack site:

Winter 240 Sottozero Serie II tires use a tread ...The tread blocks feature Pirelli's Interactive Brickwork Siping where the sipes create a brickwork pattern that increases both lateral and longitudinal stability while providing more biting edges to increase snow traction...
Old 12-25-2009, 12:12 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

victorequipmentwheels.com > inventory
Zehn black 18 x 9.5 QTY Available = 0. 18 x 11 & 18 x 8 in stock.
The 911's take the 18X8 on the front (Offset ET45) and of course the 18"X11 rear. 18X9.5 (ET49) fit the Cayennes.

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Do you know if those tires come siped?
Come exactly as pictured in my original post, so yes. Super siped! lol

Yes. Per TireRack site:

Winter 240 Sottozero Serie II tires use a tread ...The tread blocks feature Pirelli's Interactive Brickwork Siping where the sipes create a brickwork pattern that increases both lateral and longitudinal stability while providing more biting edges to increase snow traction...
Be careful of the "biting edges" when you walk past the car...

Quick Reply: 2009 C4S on Snow Tires/Wheels. Victor Zehn 18"/Pirelli Sottozero N2's