Sponsored by:

Porsche Sport Driving School - listening to Rennlisters' advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:28 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cello
Listen to DMoore as well as he and his "GF-Ringer" were the Masters AutoX champs and D was the Perf AutoX champ before 'Sabine' drove

Dwight - nice stable there too! Got to love the S4 Avants (true "wolfs-in-sheep's-clothing" cars). I still have the twin turbo version and cannot part with it - so much fun on public roads. I find that I drive that thing more than the other cars for some reason...
This is my fifth S4, 12th Quattro since 1986. I had two of the twin-turbos, and my present car is my 3rd V8 Avant.

I've been wondering what will be next to replace the S4. Audi no longer imports the S4 Avant, and nobody sells a hi-performance awd wagon. I ski, I need awd, and I hate SUVs. I thought I'd have to keep this one forever.

But then I met the Panamera 4S. Hmm... 400 hp, awd, and with the hatchback and rear seats down it has more room than the back of my Avant. It's a (much) bigger car, but it's a Porsche. Hmm... Elisa and I drove a couple of Panameras at a Porsche event at the Fontana raceway last month. PSDS was there in force, including Cass, Christian, Owen, and Chris Hall. We made a point of always being in the first car behind the instructor, and Chris heated it up a little bit for us. We developed a pretty big gap to the cars behind us. I tell ya, being in the back seat of a Panamera with Cass doing a hot lap is amazing.

So after 22 continuous years of Quattros, I think my next car might just be the P4S instead. Besides, Elisa has a 996 Targa and a new Cayenne GTS. I need a 2nd Porsche!

DMoore
'09 C2S PDK
'08 Audi S4 Avant
Old 12-03-2009, 10:32 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Well, I have not driven one yet but have seen the PanaTurbo in the metal and liked the look of it. Sounds like they drive well too! I like the size of the S4 wgn esp; but, like you've indicated, the market isn't responding. Your joint garage will be very nice indeed with the P4S, esp with E's P cars !! ... BTW I got the Cay GTS as an overnight loaner once and, man, was I impressed and i am very much not an SUV guy. GL & Best
Old 12-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I saw my first Panamera "in the wild" on my way in to the office this morning. They're growing on me.

Quick Reply: Porsche Sport Driving School - listening to Rennlisters' advice