Default New PSDS Promo Video

Never been? Just go!

Attended, go again!

porschedriving.com

Old 11-27-2009, 08:39 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 71 Posts

Great clip. Sending my son and son-in law for their Christmas present even though they don't drive Porsches until they can get mine away from me ... and that ain't soon. I will be going back for the third time in March. Great track, fantastic instructors and an absolutely professionally designed and executed combination of courses for all skill levels and interests.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 200 Posts

That video makes me want to go again....damn those marketing people.

There was a time when I thought MJones was a PITA for espousing the merits of PSDS (then PDE). Then he convinced me to go....to three courses. THANKS BRIAN!

If you're feeling a bit bored with your p-car and considering going down the DE road, this is a wonderful place to start. If you're an accomplished track rat, there's still much to gain from their instructors.

And like the PCA motto says, PSDS follows with "It's not the cars, it's the people." Then again, you get to drive 911, Boxsters, Caymans and even a Cayenne.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:26 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

PSDS Instructor Year In Review

Several PSDS instructors wrapped up their 2009 racing seasons with some very impressive results.

- Hurley Haywood: Finished 3rd in the 24 Hour of Daytona and won at Homestead in the Grand-Am Series Daytona Prototype class.

- Chris Hall: Finished 3rd in the GT2 class of the Founders Cup Championship in the American Le Mans Series.

- Andrew Davis: 2009 Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series 3rd place in driver championship standings with multiple wins throughout the year.

- James Gue: 2nd in the final points of the Grand-Am Koni Challenge Series with multiple wins throughout the year.

- Eric Foss: Finished 7th in the SCCA Pro World Challenge and also earned top Rookie honors in the series.

- John Grooms: Won the Brian Redman International Challenge race at Road America driving a 1972 Chevron B-21.

- Jonathan Urlin: 1st in NASCAR Whelen Canadian Rookie points, 2nd in NASCAR Whelen All-American Rookie Points (Canada/USA/Mexico).

- Owen Trinkler: Competed Grand-AM Koni Challenge Series scoring 2 pole positions.

- Sherman Engler: 3 wins in SCCA Formula Vee competition.

- Kees Nierop: Finished in the top 5 in 3 races with a Porsche Turbo in the SCCBC series at Mission, BC.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:21 AM
WalkerInTN
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure wish they'd start offering some of the other handling classes I keep reading about them doing in the UK.

I loved the class I took, very enjoyable & I learned a lot. My only complaint was that (as a first time Porsche owner) I wanted a little more wet skidpad time (like 10 minutes) to get a feel for the rear engine's weight & couldn't get it. Offered to give up some track time for a bit more skidpad time, but they said no. That's kept me from going back, & they're only 2 hours away.......
Old 11-28-2009, 11:50 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WalkerInTN
Sure wish they'd start offering some of the other handling classes I keep reading about them doing in the UK.

I loved the class I took, very enjoyable & I learned a lot. My only complaint was that (as a first time Porsche owner) I wanted a little more wet skidpad time (like 10 minutes) to get a feel for the rear engine's weight & couldn't get it. Offered to give up some track time for a bit more skidpad time, but they said no. That's kept me from going back, & they're only 2 hours away.......
Go take the "remaining" two courses. If you are a driving enthusiast, you won't regret it.

PS- Funny, they didn't let us drive the Turbos on the skidpad exercise as shown in the video...lol (not that I would have preferred that...haha). But driving the Turbos on the track was a frikken' hoot. Much more progressive and linear power delivery than I might have thought.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New PSDS Promo Video