Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mean people suck.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 06:55 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I travel for business everyweek and use a V1 and Garmin GPS. I take them both down about 4-6 times a day going in and out of cusotmers and the hotel parking lot. Pain in the azz but so far I've been lucky.

Nuget I hate to hear this for ya...however you are lucky they did not damage your nice car.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:36 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I travel for business everyweek and use a V1 and Garmin GPS. I take them both down about 4-6 times a day going in and out of cusotmers and the hotel parking lot. Pain in the azz but so far I've been lucky.

Nuget I hate to hear this for ya...however you are lucky they did not damage your nice car.
That is the only way. Work, but necessary.

I also agree, if he did not get other glass damage he was very lucky.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:52 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nugget,

Sorry to hear about that.
I hope Momentum can get you fixed up quickly at Momentum.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:51 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some looser with a drug habit, look at the bright side, at least they didn't steal the car.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:54 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by russo
Some looser with a drug habit, look at the bright side, at least they didn't steal the car.
Exactly and torch it!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:57 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's pathetic about these thieves is that they're willing to make you pay several hundred dollars so they can get less than a hundred for your stolen item. At least when you get mugged for, say, $50 it means they gain $50 at your expense of $50. It takes a real piece of garbage to steal in the case of the V1.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:01 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 578 Posts

That really bites. In a building parking lot - no less. Scumbags. Put things in perspective however - you still have one of the best cars ever made and it will be back to normal chop chop.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:01 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Traveling cross country about 5 years ago (in my Landcruiser) and pulled in for the night in Alba Turkey NM. Went out at oh dark thirty to fire it up and )(^*&%, my driver's side window was toast and splattered all over the place. The jackasses took some of my dirty clothes, but left clean ones. Also took my digital camera, but left a film one behind. Had to ride quite a way with no window before being able to get it repaired.

Have long felt those miscreants need a double tap in the 10 ring of their forehead with a 230 gr JHP .45 ACP
Old 11-04-2009, 03:09 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by uzj100
Traveling cross country about 5 years ago (in my Landcruiser) and pulled in for the night in Alba Turkey NM. Went out at oh dark thirty to fire it up and )(^*&%, my driver's side window was toast and splattered all over the place. The jackasses took some of my dirty clothes, but left clean ones. Also took my digital camera, but left a film one behind. Had to ride quite a way with no window before being able to get it repaired.

Have long felt those miscreants need a double tap in the 10 ring of their forehead with a 230 gr JHP .45 ACP
The problem is that justice is non-existent.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:03 AM
boolala
Race Car

Sorry for your ordeal.

Yet another reason to get a concealed system like the K40.

The V1 is an eyesore on these 100K cars. On a Honda I could understand.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the kind words and condolences, everyone. I really just needed a friendly place to vent and commiserate.

The car's getting a new window today, I guess all told I'll be out $1,000 so that the thief can sell my V1 and get $25. That's sort of frustrating. More than the actual damage, though, I just don't like being forced to confront the fact that people like that exist in the world. Sums it up.

Yeah, my company is at greenway plaza and the break-in occurred in the parking deck at the office. Same spot I've been parking every day for years. When I had the cab I routinely parked there with the top down and never had any troubles, so either things are getting less safe or I was just really unlucky this time. In hindsight, the spot where I park is close to a rear stairwell and I came in early yesterday so there were far fewer surrounding cars than when I usually roll in at the crack of ten. I'm sure there were many factors that contributed to the thief's decision.

And yeah, it's not like the car was stolen or torched or anything like that. Hey, I even got a chance to gawk all over a Panamera Turbo when I was at the dealer yesterday. Can't let the bastards get ya down, right?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by uzj100

I'm thinking more like a wadcutter.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:55 PM
richc
Pro

Good job by the cops. Up this way, yesterday the Spokane, WA police said they're not going to bother with property crimes. Apparently they're all booked up at the Krispy Kreme to look into peoples stuff getting ripped off.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
When I had the cab I routinely parked there with the top down and never had any troubles...
Nugget, you're a brave man is all I have to say! I've never -- and will never -- park with my sunroof fully retracted or top down in a cab anywhere except at home. Years ago, my brother parked his M3 vert with the top down at an upscale restaurant, and he came out to find a giant slurpee cup and its contents all over his seat. My close friend's CLK vert had cigarette butts on her seats while parked top-down at work.

So long as there are people like this in this world, I've no reason to be that trusting of my surroundings.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:40 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget

And yeah, it's not like the car was stolen or torched or anything like that. Hey, I even got a chance to gawk all over a Panamera Turbo when I was at the dealer yesterday. Can't let the bastards get ya down, right?
There's the spirit , it sucks - but in the grand scheme of things, its not too bad. Hope you're having a better day.

Quick Reply: Mean people suck.