Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

service? i lease bare minimun as per requirement at an indy
Old 10-23-2009, 10:52 AM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by abe
Good relationship with a dealer does not justify highway theft!!!! Why should an oil change, filter change, and brake flush be any different in a Porsche than a Toyota or GM. If you really think it is more complex and a justifies an $800-1200 bill than you are a fool to believe it or have absolutely no mechanical knowledge an thus allows them to take advantage of you. If Dan can do it for $75 and I can do it...so can you. Knowledge is power....be informed.
abe
A little bit rude..

I think if you read my post you would see that Im not claiming that it is any more compliacted to carry out this work, but for me its insurance. Im pretty sure, all other things being equal, that my car would sell quicker or for a premium over a car that was self maintained. I would also say, again repeating myself, that if soemthing should go wrong with the car then having had a dealer carry out servicing im more likley to get help than if i was simply showing up for the first time with a self serviced car. I dont have any fear of getting my hands dirty, i used to race motorcycles and did everything from oil and tyre changes to installing slipper clutches so knowledge isnt an issue.
Im making an informed decsion to have Porsche do the servicing for the reason stated, you might not agree, but that does not mean you have exclusive access to knowledge.

cheers
Old 10-23-2009, 03:09 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Statement is a general statement to all new Porsche, BMW, Jaguar, MB owners and not to be taken personally. The term "you" was not meant you personally...although re reading my thread I can see how it can be taken personally.No, its not rude just calling it how it is with todays generation that doesn't even know how to change a flat compared to the older generation where the words DIY(do it yourself) meant something.
Welcome to the site...I could also suggest that if you would use the search button that this topic comes up over and over again every 2 months. But I wont because it may be considered rude.
abe

Originally Posted by limey940
A little bit rude..

I think if you read my post you would see that Im not claiming that it is any more compliacted to carry out this work, but for me its insurance. Im pretty sure, all other things being equal, that my car would sell quicker or for a premium over a car that was self maintained. I would also say, again repeating myself, that if soemthing should go wrong with the car then having had a dealer carry out servicing im more likley to get help than if i was simply showing up for the first time with a self serviced car. I dont have any fear of getting my hands dirty, i used to race motorcycles and did everything from oil and tyre changes to installing slipper clutches so knowledge isnt an issue.
Im making an informed decsion to have Porsche do the servicing for the reason stated, you might not agree, but that does not mean you have exclusive access to knowledge.

cheers

Last edited by abe; 10-23-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:00 PM
MichaelL
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 2 year service is an oil change and brake flush. 2 hours labor + parts is reasonable.

Just had a major 4 year service at my independent shop: change oil & filter, transmission oil change, coolant change, new spark plugs, new air cleaner element, accessory drive belt, cabin air filter, ww blades, brake fluid flush, nut & bolt everything on the undercarriage & comprehensive check over. $1300. It may not all have been necessary, but leads to peace of mind.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:00 PM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by abe
Statement is a general statement to all new Porsche, BMW, Jaguar, MB owners and not to be taken personally. The term "you" was not meant you personally...although re reading my thread I can see how it can be taken personally.No, its not rude just calling it how it is with todays generation that doesn't even know how to change a flat compared to the older generation where the words DIY(do it yourself) meant something.
Welcome to the site...I could also suggest that if you would use the search button that this topic comes up over and over again every 2 months. But I wont because it may be considered rude.
abe
NP, not considered rude, just passive aggresive

cheers
Old 10-25-2009, 09:17 PM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My one year "minor" maintenance visit, which was essentially an oil change, cost me $499. Part of that was $92 for a replacement cabin air filter which I didn't really need.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:07 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

If you want an oil/filter change....I will charge you $250, take pictures for documentation, and teach how to do it too! Might even include lunch too for an additional $100!
abe

Quick Reply: 2 year service - My experience