Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I did it....

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 11:35 AM
mstams
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!! Great choice on color... and you will love those ventilated seats in Florida. Enjoy.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:43 AM
jonezy
Advanced

Screw it. Taking Friday off to fly up with the wife. Roadtrip starts Friday afternoon!
Old 10-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 279 Posts

Have fun and pics are a must! Oh, and a membership...
Old 10-11-2009, 02:08 PM
schwartzwest
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jonezy
Screw it. Taking Friday off to fly up with the wife. Roadtrip starts Friday afternoon!
Congrats and enjoy! I wish i could have brought mine back via a road trip, but I just couldn't swing it. you made the right call.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:39 PM
mstams
Racer

There you go. Why pay someone else to drive your car home...? Have a safe trip. So where are you picking it up?
Old 10-12-2009, 12:00 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jonezy,

You didn't get hazed, at least not by me,

I pointed out that you were bringing up the same subject in numerous topics ..."how much cheaper could you get the car?"..when you already had a fantastic deal...hence looking the "gift horse in the mouth" and "pricing masturbation" references. It was time to "fish or cut bait" since there was little left to be gained on the pricing front. I tried to steer you to a local Dealer, because they will (in most places) give the same deal, if they have the car.

Great to hear that you took the various advice rendered and "did a deal", and since you mentioned your wife was going to go along for pick up, I can't resist giving you a little more "insightful and experienced" purchasing advice (since you haven't signed the papers)...switch to PDK and it will make future Porsche purchases a lot easier since, with PDK, your wife will buy into the whole experience a lot sooner (I have 3 speeds and one PDK..so I have nothing against 6 speed). Yes, there will be future cars, because one a 911 driver..always a 911 driver.

Welcome to the Porsche world and a fantastic car, and no hard feelings over your accusations.

Topless-

I don't think it's rude to ask what I paid. However, I got a chilly reception and basically flamed by some posters in another thread where I was trying to gather pricing intelligence. See for example the post below by PogueMoThone made in response to my trying to get clarity around dealer incentives. Since I must have breached some unspoken protoco of these boards, why dont you send me a PM and I will gladly share the details of my purchase with you. Thanks.

I think you have exhausted this topic in various threads.

Are you looking for the lowest price or a car that suits your needs?

Those that know the details are hardly going to share them over the internet. Especially for someone to use and manipulate another deal, and then come back and tell everyone haw "smart" they are because they got a rock bottom deal.

Where I grew up we used to have an expression:-

"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

So if you have a car in your sights, with the options you want, then grab it. Further discounts from the numbers you are broadcasting here will generally involve additional compromise (which mitigates the discount).

For my money, as a long, long time Porsche Customer... a Dealer relationship is much more important than the last $.

For what reason would anyone share with you what the various discounts are?

Take your deal and end the "pricing" masturbation, and hope your local servicing Dealer wants to put up with you!
Old 10-12-2009, 12:34 AM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
switch to PDK and it will make future Porsche purchases a lot easier since, with PDK, your wife will buy into the whole experience a lot sooner
Why would that be the case?
Old 10-12-2009, 12:51 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

^
They don't have to go through the intimidation of learning "heel and toe" to balance the car and extract the performance. Just insights from my wife who has done the PSDS Masters program..and wanted a Carrera to practice on.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

"They" huh?
Old 10-12-2009, 01:04 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

^

Just an opinion, don't take everything so literally!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:10 AM
equiraptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
^
They don't have to go through the intimidation of learning "heel and toe" to balance the car and extract the performance. Just insights from my wife who has done the PSDS Masters program..and wanted a Carrera to practice on.
Well, how about some insights from an actual woman, first hand, in the thread?

Nugget will have a much easier time buying a new Porsche if it's a traditional manual, not a PDK car. I vastly prefer having a clutch on the street and I get a lot of enjoyment from working on heel-toe on the track.

Please don't assume all women are alike. Please don't generalize about us. Let jonezy's wife have her own opinions, let me have my own opinions, and let your wife have her own opinions.

Jonezy, congrats on the new C2. I'm glad you were able to get the time off to drive it home yourselves. Nugget and I really enjoyed our road trip home in the GT3 RS.

Monica
HPDE Instructor
Old 10-12-2009, 01:18 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I guess as a HPDE instructor you can generalize for all women.

Ok, so have at it.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:38 AM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I inked a deal on 2009 C2 Coupe yesterday. Despite all the hazing I got on these boards about it, it wasnt the cheapest car I could find but the best combination of car and deal that I could find.

I got a very aggressive price from an out of state dealer, so now I have to wait in anticipation for delivery. I decided not to buy the local PDK car that I posted on previously in another thread because I ultimately decided I would prefer a manual transmission.

Meteor Grey with Black standard leather

Pretty lean on options, but most of what I wanted and not too much $ on what i didn't:

Nav for PCM
19" Carrera classic wheels
wheel caps with colored crests
Ventilated seats
Heated seats
Crests in headrests
Dynamic cornering lights
Bluetooth
Universal audio interface
XM
self dimming mirrors
LED door pocket lighting
floor mats

Thanks again to all who were helpful and shared valuable information in this forum.
Sounds like a great car - congrats - and, there must be pics.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:49 AM
kungfufishing
3rd Gear

Congratulations! I'm a month into my first 911 and love driving it.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:06 AM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is fun

congrats on the new car.

Quick Reply: So I did it....