Sponsored by:

So I did it....

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 09:57 PM
jonezy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I did it....

I inked a deal on 2009 C2 Coupe yesterday. Despite all the hazing I got on these boards about it, it wasnt the cheapest car I could find but the best combination of car and deal that I could find.

I got a very aggressive price from an out of state dealer, so now I have to wait in anticipation for delivery. I decided not to buy the local PDK car that I posted on previously in another thread because I ultimately decided I would prefer a manual transmission.

Meteor Grey with Black standard leather

Pretty lean on options, but most of what I wanted and not too much $ on what i didn't:

Nav for PCM
19" Carrera classic wheels
wheel caps with colored crests
Ventilated seats
Heated seats
Crests in headrests
Dynamic cornering lights
Bluetooth
Universal audio interface
XM
self dimming mirrors
LED door pocket lighting
floor mats

Thanks again to all who were helpful and shared valuable information in this forum.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Topless in Temecula
Racer

Should I be rude and ask the question - how good a deal? (Please don't feel like you need to really say). I'm curious as I am trying to get a really good deal on a used Targa C4S and don't want to pay too much versus an '09.

Peter
Old 10-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Every time someone buys a car without Sport Chrono the ghost of Ferry Porsche smiles. Congrats on your purchase, sounds like a great car.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:16 PM
jonezy
Advanced

Topless-

I don't think it's rude to ask what I paid. However, I got a chilly reception and basically flamed by some posters in another thread where I was trying to gather pricing intelligence. See for example the post below by PogueMoThone made in response to my trying to get clarity around dealer incentives. Since I must have breached some unspoken protoco of these boards, why dont you send me a PM and I will gladly share the details of my purchase with you. Thanks.

I think you have exhausted this topic in various threads.

Are you looking for the lowest price or a car that suits your needs?

Those that know the details are hardly going to share them over the internet. Especially for someone to use and manipulate another deal, and then come back and tell everyone haw "smart" they are because they got a rock bottom deal.

Where I grew up we used to have an expression:-

"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

So if you have a car in your sights, with the options you want, then grab it. Further discounts from the numbers you are broadcasting here will generally involve additional compromise (which mitigates the discount).

For my money, as a long, long time Porsche Customer... a Dealer relationship is much more important than the last $.

For what reason would anyone share with you what the various discounts are?

Take your deal and end the "pricing" masturbation, and hope your local servicing Dealer wants to put up with you!
Old 10-10-2009, 10:19 PM
jonezy
Advanced

Nugget- I think it just boiled down to the feeling that my first p-car should have a manual. For now at least, I am in the camp of those who feel it is a more visceral experience to have 3 pedals. Thanks, jonezy.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:01 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

congrats! You know the drill...post pics when it arrives! in the meatime, just dream about you new car!
Old 10-10-2009, 11:03 PM
TooSixy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Please post pics when you get it.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
Every time someone buys a car without Sport Chrono the ghost of Ferry Porsche smiles. Congrats on your purchase, sounds like a great car.
Hey Nugget I didn't see the Sport Chrono on his build? But I did see: LED door pocket lighting, which I've never seen before.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats and enjoy! I know you'll love your C2!

Regarding the reaction from some to your other post on pricing, I think it was just the timing of your question. There were many many posts about others getting fantastic deals on the '09s, then yours came along and perhaps some took it the wrong way. Keep in mind that most who bought new 997s in the past never had it this good.

Porsche dealers have had some really good incentives to move out the '09s, just about any deal on an '09 recently is an incredible deal compared to what people are used to paying for the 997. It's just a great time to buy. If the economy picks up, prices like these will likely not be seen on the '10s this time of year.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:34 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on your new Porsche!

... can't wait for the pics.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:45 PM
RH512
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a well agonized decision, congrats. When do you get it?
Old 10-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrat's. Many happy, safe, and enjoyable miles.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jonezy
However, I got a chilly reception and basically flamed by some posters in another thread where I was trying to gather pricing intelligence.
If you thought your "pricing intelligence gathering" was tough, just wait til year-end especially if things don't pick up. Then you'll really be neurotic about the coulda-woulda-shoulda's.

Point is, life waits for no one. You've already got yourself a heck of a deal by anyone's standards, so no need to ponder over the discount. I'm sure whatever you did and however you got here, you well deserve the reward. So go enjoy your new 997 and drive, drive, then drive some more.

Congrats!
Old 10-11-2009, 12:25 AM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Enjoy, the staggering decisions are over!!
Old 10-11-2009, 01:59 AM
jonezy
Advanced

Thanks again for the help. Paperwork arrives via Fedex on monday so delivery arrangements begin shortly thereafter. As much as I would like to, I cannot get away from work for a 700 mile road trip, to drive it home.

Quick Reply: So I did it....