Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mObridge vs. Denison

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 05:43 AM
Sadiq
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so basically, according to mobridge, mobridge is better!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:15 AM
pt767
Instructor

Thanks for the note Scott,

I'll keep my eyes out for the latest group buy.

pt

Originally Posted by mObridge
Hi PT,

There is in fact no such program at the moment, however do keep watch on the forums here as in fact another group buy is brewing, this one backed by a distributor and perhaps even better pricing. Just takes a lot to organize these things :-)

Signing off from the Netherlands (new Benelux outpost) ...

Scott

mObridge
Old 10-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm interested in buying the mOBridge as well.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:10 PM
bingjeep
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Also interested in a group buy.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:30 PM
mObridge
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sadiq
so basically, according to mobridge, mobridge is better!
Yes, of course! Which is why we decided to show up here, sponsor this valuable resource, and say so.

Originally Posted by Sweeper
I'm interested in buying the mOBridge as well.
Originally Posted by bingjeep
Also interested in a group buy.
OK! We'll post a main thread when it's ready. Gotta line up the contract first for the party that will be taking the orders and fulfilling it.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:12 PM
azjyaazjya
Intermediate

I'd like to know when audio streaming from a memory card will be supported by the mobridge unit.

This feature would be my main reason for installing such a system and the Dension unit already has this functionality.

Daniel
Old 10-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by UNC911
Hey
New user and new to Porsche. I searched many places with this same question before getting the Denison installed on my 08 C2S yesterday. I have a DICE unit in my MINI and it pretty much blows. MoBridge is evidently an offshoot of the DICE company. My dealer installed the Denison unit for me and they feel that they have had less issues with the Denison than the MoBridge. For what it is worth, 24 hours of experience, the Denison is easy to use with both the iPod and BT. Good luck
How many hours did Hendrick charge you UNC911 for the Dension iPod and BT install? What phone do you use, iPhone?
I need to get it done, thanks.

Last edited by Bruce R; 10-23-2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: edit
Old 10-23-2009, 03:46 PM
rvklein
Racer

I'd like to know when audio streaming from a memory card will be supported by the mobridge unit.
No USB input on the mobridge? I don't use an ipod. Have a 160gig harddrive hooked to my Dension. I do with Dension had an XM module thought.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:57 PM
UNC911
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bruce R
How many hours did Hendrick charge you UNC911 for the Dension iPod and BT install? What phone do you use, iPhone?
I need to get it done, thanks.
I'll check and get back to you.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:47 PM
swajames
Racer

Very happy with my mObridge. I had a couple of pre-sale questions and one post-implementation question, and in all cases I was amazed how quickly Scott from mObridge responded with some very helpful information. I highly recommend the product, and I've been very impressed by their customer service.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:40 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,871 Likes on 1,512 Posts

Originally Posted by mObridge
Ah, sorry Aggie -- thanks! You are in fact correct ... thanks for stepping in for us earlier.
No problem. I had an 08 997 which Jon Bergman from Autofidelity down here in Melbourne Australia fitted, and also sorted out some issues with. Very helpful - great service and good product.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:44 PM
GrahamML
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mObridge - I have one of your units in my 06 C2S and have some technical questions - what is the best way to ge them answered?
Old 11-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Group Buy was posted last weekend, in case anyone missed it.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...group-buy.html

Not going to sit here and trash any other company's product. Mobridge, NavTV, Dension - they are all designed to work with our Porsche vehicles. Regardless of various claims, I can only state that in the years we've been distributing the Dension, it's done a remarkably great job of integrating the fiber optic system, and providing a good user interface. It is also easily upgradable and retains the cd changer if you have one (something others have not had in the past, but may now have).

And though the Dension web page only shows '42 phones compatible' that is not an updated page. There are hundreds of phones compatible, and nearly all current popular phones and pda's are compatible as well.

And for our customers, we send out a detailed series of files that encompass extensive information on installation, user setup and programming. Nothing in the package of any product comes close to this, as it was developed over the years we've been distributing this product, in conjunction with Dension Engineering, and offers numerous tips and tricks to get through any setup issues or questions. The basic installation is fine in the kit, and will cover most situations. But these detailed files we offer our customers are far beyond the standard instruction booklet, and we ask all customers to let us know if they do have any issues/questions/etc and we will do everything we can to get them through it.

The original BTA unit was a simple solution. The current BTA unit is more complex, feature rich, and offers full bluetooth integration with phonebook download and widespread compatibility.

So if you want more detail on the Dension product which we offer, or the NavTV product we also offer, I'm happy to answer. I cannot say much about the other product as we've not yet seen one or had a customer with one, but I understand it does exactly what the vendor states and is a fine product.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 10-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Gavinsm3
3rd Gear

Just want to say that I just had my Denison installed Friday and love it. Had some issue with my installers, not the Dension and Eric from Bumperplugs.com was awesome. Great support!!! I recommend Denison and ordering from Bumperplugs.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:33 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Curious what people's opinions are on these two products now? I'm contemplating purchasing one or the other to integrate an ipod into my 997. Not sure what to get. I don't care about the phone. All blue tooth phone units suck as far as I'm concerned. Both the mobridge and the denison seem to have, for the most part, the same features as far as ipod function. Maybe I should flip a coin?

Quick Reply: mObridge vs. Denison