Sponsored by:

Sun roof rattle

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 01:00 PM
go-C4S-injune
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sun roof rattle

Dear fellow P-Enthusiasts- my brand new C4S experiences rattle in the sun-roof going over multiple bumps, in non-sport suspension setting. Is this acceptible? The rattle sounds like if you take a tennis ball and shake it in an aluminum garbage can. Pls pls advise, before I prematurely loss all my hair prematurely unnaturally. Many thanks.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm already bald so I don't know how much help I can be but...

Whether it's acceptable or not is a personal question that only you can decide.

IMO, any new car, let alone one costing as much as a new 997 should not rattle, squeek, etc.

My 08 does not rattle.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:14 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Many older cars will experience various noises from the sunroof as things wear. However, if ur car is still under warranty then take it to the dealer.

Often times it's the inner liner rattling against the roof itself. Some of us have installed felt bumpers to minimize this.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by go-C4S-injune
Dear fellow P-Enthusiasts- my brand new C4S experiences rattle in the sun-roof going over multiple bumps, in non-sport suspension setting. Is this acceptible? The rattle sounds like if you take a tennis ball and shake it in an aluminum garbage can. Pls pls advise, before I prematurely loss all my hair prematurely unnaturally. Many thanks.
A brand new 997 with sunroof rattle is definitely not acceptable. I'd say it's time for a dealer visit. Have you checked around the roof opening areas to see if anything's loose in there?
Old 10-06-2009, 02:18 PM
TooSixy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@go-C4S-injune - if you have to take your car to the dealer, have them perform the muffler campaign while you're there. Also, if your PCM needs update, ask them to do it, too. One shot.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:37 PM
go-C4S-injune
Instructor

all very helpful thank you. i didnt think the rattle was kosher. TooSixy, thanks for your pointers on getting other updates done. Love your car! I think the color is def sexier than my mid-nite blue.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:49 AM
indesj01
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

try a convertable creeks like a mother whenever you go up a driveway but rattle in the roof spend some quality time and get some milage out of your warranty.

Quick Reply: Sun roof rattle