Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

used 997 price increase - is this one good?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 09:29 PM
akim47
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now i'm thinking, should i have just not worried about it? screw the inspections, data, etc.. he was saying he didnt understand my concern because the car still had 5 months of warranty...
Old 10-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

I think you absolutely did the right thing... I want a PPI when I am giving someone $50k of my money! There are always other cars out there... you will find one.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

I think you absolutely did the right thing... I want a PPI when I am giving someone $50k of my money! There are always other cars out there... you will find one.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:21 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 845 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by akim47
geez... the deal just fell through... the original inspection was via his 20K service. I wanted a DME scan, but he said it was too much hassle, that a buyer was willing to pay him all cash, no questions asked...

r u serious? in the world we live in today, it's only prudent to ask questions... for a $50,000 car, a buyer should have the right to ask for details... especially the DME... wtf?

it also sucks because i already requested bank draft in his name address and paid $25 extra to overnight fedex it to me and paid an $29.95 for a carfax last night... i know it's only $55, but it's that and a waste of my friggin time...
I thought you were going to do a PPI. Thats standard operating procedure. Did you do one?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:24 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Original owner. Seems like a stand up guy.
Really?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

geez... the deal just fell through... the original inspection was via his 20K service. I wanted a DME scan, but he said it was too much hassle, that a buyer was willing to pay him all cash, no questions asked...

r u serious? in the world we live in today, it's only prudent to ask questions... for a $50,000 car, a buyer should have the right to ask for details... especially the DME... wtf?

it also sucks because i already requested bank draft in his name address and paid $25 extra to overnight fedex it to me and paid an $29.95 for a carfax last night... i know it's only $55, but it's that and a waste of my friggin time...
Sorry to hear about the lost opportunity. I'm sure another 911 will come up, this one just wasn't meant to be.

On the flip side, I can't blame the guy for selling it to someone else with cash and no questions asked. I was in a similar selling situation many years ago. One buyer wanted to take the car to a mechanic for an inspection, the very next day a different buyer came with cash in hand. Guess who I sold the car to?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:43 AM
dD/dt
Racer

There's an idiot on every block, including the guy that bought this car. Not smart buying a 4 year old car without a PPI. As a seller I would have done the same thing; as a buyer you just run into more competition on really good deals like this.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:38 PM
stubenhocker
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Consider yourself lucky!

There are lots of cars out there, never buy without getting a readout!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:17 AM
akim47
Racer

i've given it some thought, and oh well... i understand the points made. if i were selling a car and someone dropped cash in front of me no questions asked, i'd take it too... i'll just be patient. who knows, if i wait a bit longer, i might find myself in a 997.2!!!

one side benefit of all the searches is that i've been on a lot of free drives!!! most owners don't mind at all if you let it out in 3rd and 4th... dealers are even better... i have to say most porsche owners are extremely friendly and inviting... dealers are great because you get a chance to drive a non-s and an s back to back to really feel the difference...

Quick Reply: used 997 price increase - is this one good?