Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H&R spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 01:28 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My '06 C2S came with spacers from the factory.

It came with 5mm front and rear.

FWIW

Phil
Old 11-01-2009, 07:45 PM
PHDX2
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TCallas
...be very careful in regards to the factory warranty...
Good advice! Definitely something to consider.

Might have to go with the 5mm OEM spacers. Locks and no question marks regarding the warranty.

Still, will 5mm spacers make a noticeable difference in the stance of the Porsche? Comments from fellow Rennlist members are appreciated.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

In my opinion 5 mm in the rear not worth the cost or hassle. As for keeping the locks, wheel theft ain't an issue around here. As for factory warranty, each to their own, but I'm not concerned, not sure the dealer would know to even look. Plus I've run my Boxster for 5 years with 5 mm & 14 mm with zero issues.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:25 PM
bradyb
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at a local dealership getting a "pre-factory warranty expiration" lookover and checked out 2 '09 C2S models side-by-side. One had 5mm spacers added as a $300 option and as a I was chuckling to myself saying "5mm, this is stupid" I looked at both cars and the one with the spacers had better-looking wheels hands down. Both had the same tires and yep, it's less than 1/4" wider but I think it's noticeable. Probably not to anyone else but neither are all the other little cosmetic things you guys have convinced me to do (clear side marker lights, silver crest, non-color wheel centers, etc.).

Anyway, I'll likely add 5mm spacers front and back when I do new tires (Bridgestone) in 6 mos. or so!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:26 PM
bradyb
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at a local dealership getting a "pre-factory warranty expiration" lookover and checked out 2 '09 C2S models side-by-side. One had 5mm spacers added as a $300 option and as a I was chuckling to myself saying "5mm, this is stupid" I looked at both cars and the one with the spacers had better-looking wheels hands down. Both had the same tires and yep, it's less than 1/4" wider but I think it's noticeable. Probably not to anyone else but neither are all the other little cosmetic things you guys have convinced me to do (clear side marker lights, silver crest, non-color wheel centers, etc.).

Anyway, I'll likely add 5mm spacers front and back when I do new tires (Bridgestone) in 6 mos. or so!
Old 11-01-2009, 10:18 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce R
In my opinion 5 mm in the rear not worth the cost or hassle. As for keeping the locks, wheel theft ain't an issue around here. As for factory warranty, each to their own, but I'm not concerned, not sure the dealer would know to even look. Plus I've run my Boxster for 5 years with 5 mm & 14 mm with zero issues.

Maybe so Bruce, but the Boxster is a whole different animal. (as to fitting spacers)

My Boxster S has aftermarket 8" + 10" rims (believe that's as wide as you can go) and large spacers. 997 has 5mm f+r spacers.

Not saying you can't fit bigger spacers, just be very careful.

Phil
Old 12-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Handoogies
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know the standard bolt length on a 997.2S 19 inch wheel? Also are they taper or ball design? All the websites make it a huge pain to find the right type of extended bolts without having to take one off your car to be sure.

Quick Reply: H&R spacers?