Sponsored by:

MY 09 Trunk Money Justification Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 03:57 PM
hockeylife
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader220
I think that question has been answered, the 1.9 is back the cheap lease rates are gone. My opinion is that now in Oct Porsche basically has to lower residuals and that makes leasing a 2009 less attractive so they just did away with the cheap lease money.

The 1.9 is really no big deal on 911's since the trunk money is always a better deal. If you're a cayman or boxster shopper its still a good deal.
Is the $10,000 cash incentive back?
Old 10-09-2009, 12:56 AM
jonezy
Advanced

Default How much is a dealer making when he sells under invoice?

This thread makes me want to ask the question, how much money is there in a 2009 C2 other than the $10K trunk money.

I have a deal on the table where the dealer is offering the car at more than $10K under invoice. So how much hold back or potential bonus money is there in a 2009 C2S deal that's under invoice?
Old 10-09-2009, 01:29 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

^
I think you have exhausted this topic in various threads.

Are you looking for the lowest price or a car that suits your needs?

Those that know the details are hardly going to share them over the internet. Especially for someone to use and manipulate another deal, and then come back and tell everyone haw "smart" they are because they got a rock bottom deal.

Where I grew up we used to have an expression:-

"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

So if you have a car in your sights, with the options you want, then grab it. Further discounts from the numbers you are broadcasting here will generally involve additional compromise (which mitigates the discount).

For my money, as a long, long time Porsche Customer... a Dealer relationship is much more important than the last $.

For what reason would anyone share with you what the various discounts are?

Take your deal and end the "pricing" masturbation, and hope your local servicing Dealer wants to put up with you!
Old 10-09-2009, 04:44 AM
GHills
Instructor

I can see Hell from here......

Trapped in a restaurant with Jonezy and Dr Pcar.....the bill comes and Jonezy pulls out his calculator
Old 10-09-2009, 05:06 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I think you mean $10K under MSRP correct?

Originally Posted by jonezy
This thread makes me want to ask the question, how much money is there in a 2009 C2 other than the $10K trunk money.

I have a deal on the table where the dealer is offering the car at more than $10K under invoice. So how much hold back or potential bonus money is there in a 2009 C2S deal that's under invoice?

If it is as you state then if you are sriously in the market, I can only say why are you online and not closing that opportunity.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:58 AM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxsterG
If it is as you state then if you are sriously in the market, I can only say why are you online and not closing that opportunity.
I totally agree, seriously what do you really expect? Are you buying a 100k car at something like 20k off and you're going to try and hold out for another 500 or so?
Old 10-10-2009, 01:16 AM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jonezy
I have a deal on the table where the dealer is offering the car at more than $10K under invoice.
So then what's the problem? When has there been a time where a brand new 911 can be had for $10K under invoice???? What more do you want/expect from this deal?

Quick Reply: MY 09 Trunk Money Justification Thoughts