Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 C4S luggage space

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 12:42 AM
MyEmily
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a C4s and where able fit a FAA size carry on and a small duffle bag on top of it. The only thing I don't have is the CD Changer. With the invent of the Ipod, maybe lose the changer to fit the luggage.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Weasel
Track Day

+1, MyEmily.

I have a C4S Cab and am able to fit FAA sized carry-on in the trunk almost perfectly -- almost like it was designed with that purpose in mind, go figure. I don't have a CD changer though, so maybe that's the difference. Occassionally, I drive it to the grocery and, more times than not, I've been amazed at just how much crap will fit up there...amazed. I love this car!
Old 09-28-2009, 03:33 PM
996FourEss
Instructor

It is called your front differential and it takes up space and adds about 60kg of weight to the front axle. Not a bad piece of luggage to carry around when it gets a bit wet, icy or snowy........
Old 09-28-2009, 03:39 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave in Oregon
I recently purchased a 2007 C4S and am dismayed by the lack of luggage space. I sold my Boxster S, which had WAY more luggage space in the front trunk. The C4S has 6 CD changer and Navigation which intrude into the already small luggage space. I can' t even put a small carry on suitcase in the front, which used to fit perfectly in the Boxster with room for a host of other items. When I put that same suitcasse behind the seats in the luggage area of the Carrera, it shifts all over the place when cornering as there are no tie down straps or receptacles for them as in the old 911's. Any suggestions for packing other than resorting to a plethora of small duffle bags ?
Porsche driving is duffle bag country. When you bought a 4WD car you should have known the front trunk is 1cuft smaller. But... you have a ton of space in the back. You can carry far more than you ever could in a Boxster. As others pointed out, understand your equipment and make the best out of it.

Quick Reply: 997 C4S luggage space