Sponsored by:

Current deals on 09 C4S Coupe "launch" cars

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 05:23 PM
AJBoston
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJones
You can switch out the seats for regular seats with no heating or electric adj as the wiring for the backrest is present if you choose.

Great deals can be had on this car!!
That's what I'm thinking. However, I was just told by a major parts supplier that Porsche does not sell the complete comfort or sport seats standalone as they do with the sport bucket seats. I guess you'd need to order all of the individual little parts that make up the seat and then have someone assemble it. Seems a bit ridiculous to me. Definitely need to dig deeper into this.

If the seat swap were no big deal, I've got to believe that more of these cars would have moved by now...even if the dealer did the seat sap and subsidized the cost of the mod to move the car. That or they could offer it up to "close" someone who was on the fence about the car due to SB seats. Wouldn't you think?

Anyone have more details around this? I'm not adamant about changing seats out but I'd like to know that if I decided to do so down the road, it wasn't a nightmare project.

Anyone here done a seat swap care to comment?
Old 09-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We've got one too. It's those damn seats. They sell for ~$6k `a la carte.

Looked at doing a seat swap for another 'lister, we're not sure if the wiring harness is in place for power seats.

Low '90s is where we're at w/it. Make sure the one you found that's identical has Sport Chrono.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:29 PM
baileybonds
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on the research I've done, and conversations I've had with local dealers, I think you could get the launch car C4S with bucket seats for $85K (at least in So. Cal where I've seen a TON of them). Best of luck!
Old 09-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Now is a great time to deal. The MY10 cars are being held at the ports to help the dealerships move the MY09 cars out for the most part, without competition from within with a bunch of MY10 cars showing up.
Not all.
Dealer I saw on Sat. has 2 of the '10's in stock and ready to roll...no waiting.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I bought one and I love the Sport Buckets. My wife and I drove cross-country in 4 days with those seats and neither of us was sore or uncomfortable. It's a great spec - the thing is pretty much loaded minus a leather rear console, etc. I love this car - I do wish I'd bought a 6-speed, but that's the only thing I'd change. Even then, PDK is VERY handy when I'm just doing miles or when there's traffic.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

If someone wants to trade the Sport buckets from launch car for regular 997 sport seats - I'd do it.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Bola964
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just visited my local dealer and they are offering me one in Meteor Gray, Sports Bucket Seats, PDK, Sports Chrono Pkg and all. $92K......
Tomorrow they will get back to me with the price of the seat swap. They can do it, but it only will have the power reclining. It will have to have the manual back and forward as well as the manual hight adjustment.....
So, are these good cars to get, or not? What am I missing here?
Important things for me are black interior and PDK. The ext color is important, but I have some room on it.The other gadgets are nice too, but not a killer.
My options are a Targa 4S, but 6 speed manual at the same price ($92k with a MSRP of $112k), or a loaded 09 C2 for $88K (MSRP of $101k). I could go with a C2S 2010 for $103k (MSRP of $104).......
Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:36 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bola964
I just visited my local dealer and they are offering me one in Meteor Gray, Sports Bucket Seats, PDK, Sports Chrono Pkg and all. $92K......
Tomorrow they will get back to me with the price of the seat swap. They can do it, but it only will have the power reclining. It will have to have the manual back and forward as well as the manual hight adjustment.....
Important things for me are black interior and PDK. The ext color is important, but I have some room on it.The other gadgets are nice too, but not a killer.
My options are a Targa 4S, but 6 speed manual at the same price ($92k with a MSRP of $112k), or a loaded 09 C2 for $88K (MSRP of $101k). I could go with a C2S 2010 for $103k (MSRP of $104).......
Any thoughts?
Thanks.
the 2010 i would knock out right away,

the targa is a diff car, diff decision..

what i did when i bought was went thru the online configurator and really thought about my choices.. and then printed out the sheet and compared to the cars available to me..

i realized that sport chrono really wasnt important to me as i thought,
also realized that full leather wasnt important..

basically figure out what u want and then go from there, instead of looking at cars because of prices and getting tons of options u dont want/need
Old 09-16-2009, 11:56 PM
mstams
Racer

Originally Posted by Bola964
These are great cars. You didn't mention that they also have SPASM. Just wanted to point that out in case you hadn't noticed. I say go for it!!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:35 AM
Bola964
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As posted by AJ, the options are all the same:

Meteor Grey
Black Full Leather
030 - PASM Sports Suspension
P03 - Sport Bucket Seats
672 - Navigation Module for PCM
686 - XM Radio
640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus
810 - Floor Mats in Interior Color
680 - Bose High End Sound Package
250 - Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
619 - Bluetooth Phone Interface
870 - Universal Audio Interface
267 - Self Dimming Mirrors

So I saw the PASM SS.

I also did the config, and I know what I want, but I am looking for a deal, so I pretty much have to get what they have at the best price possible!

I own a 993 Targa, so I'd love to go with the 997 Targa 4S, but it is stick, and for a DD I rather have the PDK, as I am keeping my 993.

Thank you all for the help with your comments.
Cheers.

Quick Reply: Current deals on 09 C4S Coupe "launch" cars