Sponsored by:

Back gone out. Selling much loved 997S

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 01:58 PM
PDQ PDK CAYMAN S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW CAR ORDERED

answer to engine question. Yes Porsche repalced it. Yesterday I ordered a Cayman S with PDK, PASM, Limited Slip, and Chrono. December delivery. The good lord just screwed up when he designed the human back. It is very hard to get everything just right.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:46 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Adaptive sport seats did wonders for my back coming from my 92C2, my 06S had and 09S has Adaptives and my back is fine, after shots for L5-S1 many years ago.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:54 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, your back is out, yet your going from a 911 into a tiny Cayman? How the heck is that more comfortable on the old back? It's like being in a tuna can in that car.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

My physical therapist said no more skiing, and I said, "yea, sure." The next season I was back to my usual skiing. We can't live our lives in fear for what can happen. I'm actually more stable on skis than on my feet! The A.S.S. are well designed for most.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:19 PM
ATX
Rennlist Member

+1 on Cole's Cayman comment. Much tighter fit vs. the 911, legroom and overall volume inside the car are cramped compared to the 911 interior.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Gerg
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
All the disks missing that protect the three sciatic nerve group exits from the spine (too many years of too many G's in non ergonomic ejection seats). Bone on bone with lots of arthritus (sp). Surgery is not a real option as per Doctors. Like several have said I just get in and out slower. Have gone to PDK in the C2S with adaptive sport seats,heated of course. 5 speed in the Sc for the track but the Recaro race seats support my back very well. Bottom line is don't give up as once you do you are done and Recaro does not make a wheel chair seat.

I walk two miles a day regardless of the weather, work out as best I can 4 days a week, stretch several times a day and watch my weight. Sometimes the pain is such that I can't sleep at all but I will not give up. 67 two weeks ago and i'm off to the Porsche driving school Masters course next week. I cannot say often enough DO NOT GIVE UP OR IN.. .but be reasonable and enjoy every minute as best you can. Paul, did I say it right!
Jeebus how many times did you have to eject? Would LOVE to hear those stories. Good luck...
Old 09-11-2009, 07:18 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Gerg
Jeebus how many times did you have to eject? Would LOVE to hear those stories. Good luck...
Never had to eject but came close twice and both times it was in the states during training missions. The back, well over 300 combat missions in vietNam many low level in bad areas. After the war I taught Air to Air. all the above means lots of "G's" that the back is not designed to take. You know what, I would do it all over again even if I knew the discomfort would have now. Freedom is not free and quite honestly Air to Air combat is the greatest thrill you can get in this life and its legal. ..... close behind is a Porsche at speed ( or slightly too much) through a corner, naturally on a track. I have no regrets and as I said earlier DO NOT GIVE UP OR GIVE IN and as a Doctor told me surgery is when you can't take it any longer. That's not a macho thing but at 67 with the back and the eye issue I'm living every day to the fullest and have more things I want to do then I suspect the good Lord has given me days to do it in.

Now (sorry to some) but today is another day to honor those that gave their all to allow us to enjoy this forum. Whether they be first responders, our fantastic military men and women or those on flight 93 that understood there is something greater than self. They are in my prayers and have earned my respect forever. Excuse this old soldier that humbly loves this country and the freedoms earned with the blood of its patriots.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

The American flag flew at Half-mast today in Afghanistan, nobody forgot.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:22 PM
ljm301
Advanced

Originally Posted by Para82
The American flag flew at Half-mast today in Afghanistan, nobody forgot.
+1
Old 09-11-2009, 08:30 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

^ +2

Damn Dan. I'd think twice about hitting the bumps with that in me ..

I feel for you guys with bad backs, etc. A spinal surgeon friend once told me that the the luckiest people on earth are those born with a 'large' spinal canal - the more room in there the better it seems (esp as we age).

This thread proves it ..
Old 09-11-2009, 10:06 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by 997S X PO BOX
answer to engine question. Yes Porsche repalced it. Yesterday I ordered a Cayman S with PDK, PASM, Limited Slip, and Chrono. December delivery. The good lord just screwed up when he designed the human back. It is very hard to get everything just right.
Make sure you get the Sport Chrono PLUS option. The PLUS part unloks the performance goodie of PDK. Does Porsche off a Sport PASM version? IF so consider it because in normak mode the cars soft for a sports car but in th Sport mode it is perfect for the track and the car will sit a little lower too...looks nice!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:30 PM
DamonBoost
8th Gear

How can I see pictures of the car?
Old 09-15-2009, 04:32 PM
PDQ PDK CAYMAN S
Racer

Give me your email and I will send you some pictures.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:23 PM
NA011
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't sell car. Go to: www.laserspineinstitute.com
They are in Tampa and it is amazing what LSI can do.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:17 AM
PDQ PDK CAYMAN S
Racer

The best back Dr. in my area told me that I do not need surgery, do not lift anything over 20 lbs and ride a bicycle, which I am doing.

I did order the sport seats and the Chrono + along with the limited Slip and the PASM.
Thank you all for the good words.

Quick Reply: Back gone out. Selling much loved 997S