Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Booster Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 12:23 AM
chrispeart
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mdstams- Am interested in the seats you have, cannot PM you yet as I am a new member who does not have enough posts--working on it

To those who have used Recaro Vivo--how well do they fit back into the seatwell? I have recaro carseats in the Kidmover but wonder if they are too wide to fit all the way back in the race car. Please tell me how well they slide all the way back in
chris
Old 09-09-2009, 07:16 AM
CarlJ
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by chrispeart
To those who have used Recaro Vivo--how well do they fit back into the seatwell? I have recaro carseats in the Kidmover but wonder if they are too wide to fit all the way back in the race car. Please tell me how well they slide all the way back in
chris
The vivo fits perfect. Slides all the way back and the base fits perfectly on the lower seat cushion. I would say it fits so well, the designer must of had a 997.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

For those if you that use the Recaro, you might want to tell the original poster how far up you have to move the passenger seat to allow sufficient leg room for the child (and access for you when you buckle them in)? I had a Recaro (I don't think it was Vivo) and it was just too bulky for the back seat - it fit, it was just big. It also didn't fit in the front seat (w/ manual Sports Seats). My daughter, however, just fell into the suggested limits of sitting in the front so I just gave up on the booster.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:42 PM
keith911
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife sits in the passanger seat on a regular basis (5'8") with my son in the VIVO seat in the back. Like all kids he always wants to take the 911 werever we go. She liked the seat so much we had to get another one for her car. We do leave the back seat base in seams to fit better.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:06 PM
kimf70
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nota_troll
I use Recaro and Britax booster seats. It's a tight fit but it works fine. We had a Graco booster and the base was too square.

Just buy one and try it. If it doesn't work then return it. Most stores I've dealt with are patient.
Between the Recaro and Britax, which one did you find to fit better? Your Britax looks like "Parkway" model.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:28 PM
mstams
Racer

Originally Posted by chrispeart
mdstams- Am interested in the seats you have, cannot PM you yet as I am a new member who does not have enough posts--working on it

chris
Got your message and sent you one back...

The Fisher Price Safe Voyage booster (actually made by Britax) has an adjustable width and easily fits in the rear seats with or without the base. I pulled out the seat base just to save the leather. There is plenty of room for the removable cup holder on the side of the booster as well. My 6 yr old daughter fits fine with plenty of leg room. She loves it and says "Look, Daddy, my feet can even touch the floor..."
Old 09-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i have a "jane indy". fits perfect with the bottom cushion out (and even better with the back rest out too). they dont make that model anymore, but you can prob still find them around/used or check out the replacement model if any...
Old 11-23-2009, 08:16 PM
larman2001
Intermediate

Default Recaro Vivo seat

Hi ,

To those of you using the Vivo seat, are you in Coupes or Cabs? I am trying to find a seat that will fit an '09' C2S Cab up here in Canada and have not found one anywhere.

The Vivo, Fisher Price Safe Voyager and Britax are nowhere to be found except online south of the border. Before I order one from a U.S. Vendor I need to know that it will fit in the Cab as the seat backs are angled more forward than in the coupes.

Please let me know.

Regards
Old 11-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts
Default I use the Porsche Zoom by Britax

I use the Porsche Zoom by Britax, for my 6, 4 and 2 year olds.
The younger two in the rear (39 and 34 lbs) and the 6 year old (56 lbs) up front with just the base of the Zoom in place. Works like a charm.
Attached Images  
Old 11-23-2009, 09:13 PM
mstams
Racer

Originally Posted by larman2001
Hi ,

To those of you using the Vivo seat, are you in Coupes or Cabs? I am trying to find a seat that will fit an '09' C2S Cab up here in Canada and have not found one anywhere.

The Vivo, Fisher Price Safe Voyager and Britax are nowhere to be found except online south of the border. Before I order one from a U.S. Vendor I need to know that it will fit in the Cab as the seat backs are angled more forward than in the coupes.

Please let me know.

Regards
I still have a couple extra Fisher Price Safe Voyage seats that I snagged when looking for mine. Feel free to PM me if interested.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:26 PM
larman2001
Intermediate

I am still concerned because of the angle of the Cabriolet rear seats that they might not fit properly.
Any others with positive experience in a Cab?
Old 11-23-2009, 09:28 PM
larman2001
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mstams
I still have a couple extra Fisher Price Safe Voyage seats that I snagged when looking for mine. Feel free to PM me if interested.
I'll let you know once I get some confirmation on the fit in a Cab.
Thanks!
Old 11-28-2009, 01:26 AM
larman2001
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Edgy01
This topic comes up periodically. These Grayco's are quite nice,--particularly with a Cabriolet.
Hi,
Do you happen to know exactly which Graco model this is?
Thanks
Old 11-28-2009, 09:21 AM
chrispeart
AutoX

Default Recaro Vivo

Well I bought 2 Recaro Vivo boosters for my 09 coupe. They fit OK. Not as perfectly as I would have hoped, they are still slightly too wide. They also rattle against the rear pillars when there are no kids in there to weight them down. They do look nice however. I like walking up to the car and seeing the Recaro logo out of the small side windows, and the kids love them. Buckling them is slightly tricky as the base is just slightly too wide such that it sandwiches the belt buckle up against the middle hump console thing in the back. Your hand has to reach between the console and the seat to snap it in. The kids can do it on their own in the minivan but I am forced to lean over and perform this buckling ritual in the race car. Still love this car as my dailiy driver, putting about 1k/month on her.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:00 AM
RaceCadet
AutoX

+1 on the Recaro Vivo which I just bought and installed today after scouring RL last night. It fit so well in my new-to-me 997.1 Coupe that I had to resurrect this thread to say thanks to those of you who recommended it. And I thought I'd also go ahead and get my first post under my new profile out of the way while I'm at it.

Using both the base and back of the Vivo for the head protection and I didn't have to remove the car's seat bottom or back. It just fit right in and even added quite a bit of legroom for my 5 year old over the Graco's I was temporarily using from our other cars.

And I agree with chrispeart that seeing the Recaro logo (in bright red against black) is pretty fun when walking up to the car. Nicely matches the new red "S" that I just put on the back this weekend from bumperplugs. I also liked that I was able to find the Vivo in stock at a local retailer after using the Dealer Locator on the Recaro website.

Funny - I remember seeing 911's with car seats in the back of them and thinking, "Wow, that sure is one lucky kid". Just glad my daughter is having as much as fun as I am.

Quick Reply: Booster Seats