Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The trick to parking a Porsche in a Parking Garage

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 12:28 PM
peterm
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

20$ in manhattan is only a 30% tip at times! I tip on the way in and I go to the city often. Driving a 997 in manhattan isn't a problem. BTW few restaurants in the city have their own valet or parking, your destined to the garages and in midtown or most of the city for that matter they will not let you park yourself.

It was cameron's dad's car not ferris' http://www.80s.com/saveferris/sounds/cam/garage.wav
Old 09-04-2009, 01:29 PM
helispud
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RED HORSE
When I told valets at The Grand America I was going to self park they told me it wasn't allowed. Solution? Go across the street to Little America and park in their underground garage for free and walk across the street.
I just turn right and go straight down into the garage rather than going up into the reception circle. There is a small sign that say "Self Parking" above the garage entrance.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:34 PM
fenway71
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in the city. If you regularly park here, you can buy these pillowed bumpers (PM me and I'll get you info) for like $100 and they clip onto front and rear bumpers of the car. As soon as you arrive in garage, put them on and that'll avoid any "oops" moments. They neatly fold and fit in the bottom of the 911 boot. Best purchase I ever made. Now I park in a lot where I have my own space which is awesome. I cover it every day.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:15 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how about this?
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: The trick to parking a Porsche in a Parking Garage