Sponsored by:

Farewell '07 TT... hello C4S PDK

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 03:04 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cole328
I heard that the turbo is obviously a hoot in a straight line, but that the carrera is a more engaging car to drive any truth to that? Or, if we could all afford turbo's, would we get one?
Cole reading my mind again!

Why the switch?
Old 08-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by mstams
So you picked up the launch car from Jerry? Glad to see that someone here got it. Congrats!!
Yep, 2nd car I've bought from him. They're a nice bunch of folk at the Chattanooga dealership.

Originally Posted by cole328
I heard that the turbo is obviously a hoot in a straight line, but that the carrera is a more engaging car to drive any truth to that? Or, if we could all afford turbo's, would we get one?
IMO, they are such different drives that comparing them is truly difficult. I had a 4S before I got the turbo and missed the nimbleness of it when I got the turbo. Having said that, the turbo can get you up to speed like no other car I've driven. It's power is astonishing. My decision to switch was based on wanting a PDK and recognizing a good deal.

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I passed on a Turbo and could've afforded it. It's just too damn fast for where I live. To get ANY enjoyment out of it, I'd be risking jail time daily...

The C4S is plenty fast (I have a Meteor Launch Edition, too), looks great, gets amazing mileage , and won't murder me on maintenance like a Turbo would.

Congrats to Haku! You'll love it...
The points you make are spot on... the turbo is insanely quick and there have been many times when just driving normally I've glanced at the speedo only to be shocked at the speed I was doing. I've just been lucky (with the help of the K40) that I've avoided trouble with those who protect us.

So far driving the PDK has been a joy, and all with the option of zero stress!

Originally Posted by rijowysock
looks great, nice that its the same as the others but with the easier to get in/out seats.. did they swap seats or some just came that way?

*** looks great too, i like the piece between the tails to be honest.
Mine came this way from the factory. I had the adaptives in my previous 4S and sometimes found them quite confining. These are good all around.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:44 PM
964C4
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Congratulations !

Mine is also a C4S with PDK, but natural brown full leather inside

Amazing how well balanced this car is !
Old 08-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by 964C4
Congratulations !

Mine is also a C4S with PDK, but natural brown full leather inside

Amazing how well balanced this car is !
I am actually quite surprised as to how different it is to the previous 4S . The current version is just right. Enough power, traction, excitement.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:46 PM
mstams
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
Yep, 2nd car I've bought from him. They're a nice bunch of folk at the Chattanooga dealership.
Yep. Definitely agree. Bought my car from Jerry. It was my first purchase from the dealership and my first Porsche. Great to work with -- helped me coordinate my trade-in to an out-of-state dealer to save on sales tax.

Mine was a custom order placed before the launch cars arrived but very similar to yours. Wanted a few extra gizmos and wasn't sure about the SPASM.

Glad to see it going to a good home. Enjoy!!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:39 PM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, car looks great... stay safe on the bike!

Quick Reply: Farewell '07 TT... hello C4S PDK