Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 CS2 Radio issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 12:36 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I did a Google on "bose audiopilot" - strange stuff - some (from many other car brands) say it does nothing, some say the boost is so extreme that it is annoying. No one raves about it being perfect. WTF?

What is says here: http://www.bose.com/controller?event...audiopilot.jsp - maybe that EQ is working - very hard to tell, but it doesn't really handle volume control - I'm on the **** all the time and cannot wait until my MF steering wheel comes in.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd in PA
to address certain "issues" that the PCM has. Maybe this will help you. Unfortunately my PCM often doesn't "wake up" and I have to pull fuse D10 and reinsert it to get my PCM to work. It goes in the shop tomorrow again for possible repair. My PCM wouldn't read the DVD either, great...............
Your 997.2 PCM won't read the DVD as there is no DVD to read. Your database is sourced from firmware.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:12 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,876 Likes on 1,516 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Mine is a 09 C2S and JUST NOW I was listening to my Ipod. Went into walgreens to retrieve wifey
(Damn Coupons!!) and I get back out and Nirvana and my Ipod are gone! (Its still there but wont play)
It keeps the Ipod charged right? supposed to? that would be stupid if I have to go back and charge it myself to play in the car!
Depends on the model of the iPod. Latest ones don't charge with some cables but there is a replacement cable available to overcome that. Search for something like "ipod 997.2 charging" and you should find the relevant threads.

Having said that it also seems that some of the cables can be faulty. I've seen a couple of people mention that and mine intermitently looses connection with the iPod and on 2 occasions it's run out of battery despite being in the car all the time.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:18 PM
greenpdk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stevepow thanks for the interesting explanation from Bose. As far as I can tell, I am getting none of the audio pilot features that they are touting.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:16 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

I just noticed if I leave the tuner on SAT when I turn off the car, it will be on SAT when I restart. It is only when I leave it on iPod (maybe DISC too?) that the tuner returns to FM after the car has been off a while.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:52 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Mine is a 09 C2S and JUST NOW I was listening to my Ipod. Went into walgreens to retrieve wifey
(Damn Coupons!!) and I get back out and Nirvana and my Ipod are gone! (Its still there but wont play)
It keeps the Ipod charged right? supposed to? that would be stupid if I have to go back and charge it myself to play in the car!
No it doesn't charge it unless you use the "special" cable, with the extra connector the Part # is 997-612-471-02, and it costs under $30.00. You can charge in the car too, through the usb port, but you need the (above) cable to charge and play at the same time.

Last edited by PogueMoHone; 08-23-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 08-24-2009, 01:49 AM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by stevepow
I just noticed if I leave the tuner on SAT when I turn off the car, it will be on SAT when I restart. It is only when I leave it on iPod (maybe DISC too?) that the tuner returns to FM after the car has been off a while.
So that could be that when it restarts after some time, the iPod source is not available, cause the iPod is not yet started up... so it then defaults to another source.... ?
Old 08-24-2009, 02:02 AM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Minok
So that could be that when it restarts after some time, the iPod source is not available, cause the iPod is not yet started up... so it then defaults to another source.... ?
Flaky, but apparently.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:08 AM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If Larry were still with us, he could educate us again on why the radio does not stay on the setting (AM/FM/SAT/CD) that we last used, with start up a day later. Understand he is busy being boy toy for Ms. Cougar.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:51 PM
wsmknicks
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stevepow
I did a Google on "bose audiopilot" - strange stuff - some (from many other car brands) say it does nothing, some say the boost is so extreme that it is annoying. No one raves about it being perfect. WTF?

What is says here: http://www.bose.com/controller?event...audiopilot.jsp - maybe that EQ is working - very hard to tell, but it doesn't really handle volume control - I'm on the **** all the time and cannot wait until my MF steering wheel comes in.
Doesn't work. Had it "checked" multiple times (e.g. every time I have the car in for service I complain about it and they "fix" it).
Old 08-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

What I notice more is when the Audio Pilot lowers the volume, the raise in volume is quite subtle. Or maybe its doing its job and increasing volume to match road noise so I don't notice.

But the sudden volume decrease is not to the level that I'd want. So now I have Audio Pilot turned off and just use the good old "manual" volume ****.

Quick Reply: 2009 CS2 Radio issues