Sponsored by:

July 2009 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 06:13 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Physicians, wealthier folks will still be buying Porsches

If I were a physician, I'd wait until the National Health Care Plan is rolled out. There could be some nasty surprises in the final package. Moreover, taxes on those making over $250k will certainly be higher in 2011, and I'm not simply referring to the expiration of the Bush tax cuts which expire at the end of 2010.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:51 PM
MattAu
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting #s comparing to Canadian sales:
2007 - 1,987
2008 - 1,682
Jun 2009 YTD - 886
Jun 2008 YTD - 1,000
And these are #s for all of Canada, and for all models, incluidng cars and trucks.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:00 PM
stevebmd
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

trader, thats a testament to your dealership's business model. Others should take note. And, thats coming from a guy who didn't buy from Don Rosen...

Howard, good luck this year as well.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Thanks Doc, hows the car?

By habit I relate everything to trading and managing an options portfolio. In trading just like in car sales there are two different philosophies: One is to make a lot of trades for very slim edge and manage the residual position. The other is to make fewer trades but hold out for more edge and keep a small position. Standing in a trading pit it was easy to see which market makers subscribed to which philosophy. Despite the fact you had to make a two sided market for every quote in the pit you generally didn’t have to participate in each trade. In car sales technically you have to show an offer to every customer who asks but you don’t have to make it competitive to the market place, some dealers choose to wait for the percentage of clients who are not as price conscience. Obviously we’re interested in making as many trades as we can despite the edge, we many many trades on 100k cars where the edge or “profit” on the sale was just a few hundred dollars. Since our sales people don’t work on commission but get paid based on numbers of units sold in a rolling average it’s a viable business model for us.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:11 PM
stevebmd
Racer

howard..i am really enjoying the Pcar. I am very happy with my decision. How are ya? going to jersey next week for a week at the beach. Unfortunately taking the minivan...loaded to top with my wife, the boys, toys and a 45 pound shepherd puppy who will be at least 50 pounds when we return (Rex is 4 months old and growing like a weed) a stroller and four bikes....

Was going to caravan it and take the 997...frowned upon by the powers that be
Old 08-05-2009, 12:53 PM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevebmd
trader, thats a testament to your dealership's business model. Others should take note.
It's also a testament to how customer oriented they are - Howard has provided me a wealth of info to help me with a purchase, and he doesn't know me from a hole in the wall - I'm on the other side of the country, there's about zero probability that I'll buy a car from him, but he continues to answer my questions and help me out. Thanks, Howard!
Old 08-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Steve, Otis thanks for the kind words!

Steve what town are you going to be staying in?
Old 08-05-2009, 01:24 PM
kimf70
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fast1

If I were a physician, I'd wait until the National Health Care Plan is rolled out. There could be some nasty surprises in the final package. Moreover, taxes on those making over $250k will certainly be higher in 2011, and I'm not simply referring to the expiration of the Bush tax cuts which expire at the end of 2010.
New health care reform looks worrisome. Not just for physicians but for the patients.

1. The plan exempts our representative and our president. If the plan is so great for all Americans, why has the congress and the president exemted themselves? (page 114)
2. The plan forces seniors who are on social security to meet with the counselors every 5 years regarding end of life options. More often if they contract a disease. (page 425-430).
I believe that this is an issue left for me and my doctor. Not for me and an administrator who may deem me not worthy was treatment if I am old and sick.
3. The plan forces all Americans to eventually go under a universal plan. (pages 16-17 and 341)
4. Half of the plan will be financed by limiting care for our poor seniors. This is achieved by cutting $177 billion from the current Medicare Advantage Plan. (page 331)

I can go on and on about this "plan".
Lastly, 46 million americans are uninsured.
1. 9.7 million are not american citizens.
2. 20 million working Americans change jobs everyyear. May of them are briefly uninsured between jobs
3. 14 million are eligible for existing government plan but have not enrolled (Medicare, medicaid, VA etc)
4. 10 million are in households with annual income greater %50,000 but voluntarily uninsured
5. 7 million are in households with annual income greater than $75000 but voluntarily uninsured

The plan simply doesnt make sense.... I am sorry to ramble on. When i saw your topic title and concern, I had to chime in.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:30 PM
ds2k1
Racer

Originally Posted by kimf70
New health care reform looks worrisome. Not just for physicians but for the patients.

1. The plan exempts our representative and our president. If the plan is so great for all Americans, why has the congress and the president exemted themselves? (page 114)
2. The plan forces seniors who are on social security to meet with the counselors every 5 years regarding end of life options. More often if they contract a disease. (page 425-430).
I believe that this is an issue left for me and my doctor. Not for me and an administrator who may deem me not worthy was treatment if I am old and sick.
3. The plan forces all Americans to eventually go under a universal plan. (pages 16-17 and 341)
4. Half of the plan will be financed by limiting care for our poor seniors. This is achieved by cutting $177 billion from the current Medicare Advantage Plan. (page 331)

I can go on and on about this "plan".
Lastly, 46 million americans are uninsured.
1. 9.7 million are not american citizens.
2. 20 million working Americans change jobs everyyear. May of them are briefly uninsured between jobs
3. 14 million are eligible for existing government plan but have not enrolled (Medicare, medicaid, VA etc)
4. 10 million are in households with annual income greater %50,000 but voluntarily uninsured
5. 7 million are in households with annual income greater than $75000 but voluntarily uninsured

The plan simply doesnt make sense.... I am sorry to ramble on. When i saw your topic title and concern, I had to chime in.
please take it to the politics and controversy forum. your bias is showing and it's not needed in the 997 forum.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:42 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

If you thought his bias wasn't showing would you still advise him to take his post to another forum?
Old 08-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Originally Posted by djcxxx
If you thought his bias wasn't showing would you still advise him to take his post to another forum?

Either way take it to the OT forum, please
Old 08-05-2009, 01:54 PM
kimf70
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ds2k1
please take it to the politics and controversy forum. your bias is showing and it's not needed in the 997 forum.
Not biased. Just genuinely concerned. Please read the plan for yourself before you set judgement. I agree with OT.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:22 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevebmd
howard..i am really enjoying the Pcar. I am very happy with my decision. How are ya? going to jersey next week for a week at the beach. Unfortunately taking the minivan...loaded to top with my wife, the boys, toys and a 45 pound shepherd puppy who will be at least 50 pounds when we return (Rex is 4 months old and growing like a weed) a stroller and four bikes....

Was going to caravan it and take the 997...frowned upon by the powers that be
Steve,
I was thinking about you today and was wondering how the car was? enjoy your vacation at the shore. My parents live in OC, MD and always love going there! I have 2 Bernese mountain dogs, one Riley 22 months and 85lbs and the other is 10 months and 76lbs!!! My girls are growing up and getting big! Your German shepard you will be about the same size of my Heid! Let me know how you're doing!

Jen
Old 08-05-2009, 08:48 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast1

As a doc I'm just waiting for "the other shoe to drop."

It's just a matter of time before huge cost over-runs take over the government health inititive (as they invariably do) and they try to balance the health care budget and make good on their promises by cutting funding to providers.

I'm doing very well now, thank you, but I doubt that the Bolsheviks in our gorvenment will allow that oversight to continue much longer.

So, yes, that's my answer to this post and it is right on topic.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:44 PM
stevebmd
Racer

Boolala...a sure fire way to decrease medicare spending will be to decrease reimbursements to you and I.

Jen, thanks for the thoughts...I am still loving my car, from the initial Sight of her every morning, the twist of the ignition KEY, with the great mechanical Sound of the starter motor...the thrust back into the seat while accelerating on to the DC Beltway, to turning her off and walking around the back side and catching the last whiff of hydrocarbons as they waft from the exhaust...it is a total sensory experience each and every trip, no matter how short. I guess the only sensory input I lack is taste, but then again i do drive a 997, and that is good taste.

Quick Reply: July 2009 Sales