July 2009 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 04:53 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by boolala
As a doc I'm just waiting for "the other shoe to drop."

It's just a matter of time before huge cost over-runs take over the government health inititive (as they invariably do) and they try to balance the health care budget and make good on their promises by cutting funding to providers.

I'm doing very well now, thank you, but I doubt that the Bolsheviks in our gorvenment will allow that oversight to continue much longer.

So, yes, that's my answer to this post and it is right on topic.
I sincerely wish you well, because I certainly don't want to live in a country where physicians aren't paid well. From a selfish perspective I want the best and brighest in the medical field, and the best way of ensuring that is to make certain that the pay is commensurate with the considerable efort and expense required to be a doctor.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:21 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Most doctors value their professional autonomy and the respect of their peers more than money. But doctors are sensitive about having their skills and services devalued and the practice of medicine de-professionalized by insurance companies and government agencies.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:12 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^
The good ones do, but, unfortunately as in any field, there are "money grubbers" in the profession. They can be the guys with all the conflicts, and related side businesses for which their Medical practices serve as feeder to generate "annuities".
Old 08-07-2009, 12:32 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by cascade
I think the Boxster/Cayman numbers may reflect the particular economic squeeze being felt by the Aspirational buyer -- rather than lack of interest in the design. Buyers that couldn't afford a 911 would opt for the lower priced Boxster/Cayman -- probably stretching mightily to do so on incomes that were highly dependent on a good economy and easy credit. I would guess that 911 buyers most likely have deeper pockets and are more likely to be cash buyers. These numbers do bring into question the near term success of the Panamera to be launched this Fall.

Right on target ... and the Panamera will not help matters when it arrives ...

Quick Reply: July 2009 Sales