Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointing News

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009 | 07:11 PM
Todd in PA
Advanced

Default Disappointing News

Hope this isn't a trend! After 4 days of ownership my PCM is not turning on as usual. It is supposed to be active all the time except when manually turned off. It worked great for 3 days. I went to my local dealer and when hooked up to the porsche code reader it said my car had at one time low or insufficient voltage, there were faults all over the place. Maybe common for a car sitting on the lot waiting to be sold. Seems like the selling dealer would have checked the codes and cleared them. It's called a "handover" so the new owner has a clear start. In any case the local dealer cleared the codes and tested the battery. After a short rest the PCM is completely inoperable, no radio, phone, nada, perfect! Now the message says "system fault, see workshop". Every now and then the tach needle jumps and all the warning lights blink And for those interested, the iPod cable does not seem to charge the iPod. Crap.
Old 07-30-2009 | 07:32 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Yikes - bummer.

The iPod could be unrelated - depending on what iPod model you have, you may need an adapter or the new style cable.
Old 07-30-2009 | 07:42 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

It sounds like your dealer did not reset the car properly entering the correct codes.
Old 07-30-2009 | 08:38 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

In your signature, please include the model and year of car. It helps us to help you sometimes.
Old 07-31-2009 | 12:24 AM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Todd, happened to me once - turned car off waited about 5 min then restarted has been working ever since - good luck
Old 07-31-2009 | 01:38 AM
RollingArt
Drifting

Why would the dealer check the codes and clear them? You bought a brand new car, right?
Sounds like you've some kind of defect in your PCM. (duhh!!) Try and be patient and stay on dealer 'til fixed.
Edgy01 (see above) just had his PCM replaced under warranty recently. Hang in there. Porsche will take care of this.

Phil
p.s. Dan (Edgy), go to 993 forum and check out "Nice new addition @ RPM" thread. I think you'll like what you see!! I know I did.
p.s.s. Still need to set up central coast get together!

Cheers,
Phil
Old 07-31-2009 | 05:45 PM
indesj01
Instructor

Default sucks

which dealer? i would be all over them. only thing is may take time to get new unit but they should TCB.

Quick Reply: Disappointing News