rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

only in a cab...

Old 07-24-2009, 11:37 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

btw i took my car and parked at the airport the other day, we have huge spots and great parking @ TPA so no worries.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:18 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

I'll see your bicycle box and raise you a TREE! About a year ago I was riding my bike in Santa Ynez Valley and a cabriolet went by with a TREE inside in the back! The cars they use for hauling to farms... (sorry no pic,--was on the bike)
Old 07-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Jlangmd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cole328
I hear you, but seriously...a) when was the last time that your car was "door dinged" at an airport, and b) why would a porsche be more susceptible than any other car? In fact, I don't think I have ever had a door ding on any of my cars...never...ever...not never. Heck, I love it so much I take it to costco, I take it to the gym, I take it out in the rain and use the wipers, I get "bugs" on the hood and leave them there for a week, and then relish the enjoyment of washing it on a saturday. If I didn't, however, who cares? My clothes and shoes are clean,and my hair is washed...if my "car" is dirty, or heaven forbid, a paint chip in the hood......big whoops.

I guess it is all obvious personal preference. I got the car to drive, enjoy and then replace...it is a machine. It is not a priceless work of art, or something from an alien culture that cannot be replaced or one of my kids. Sure, I love it as much as the rest of you, but you know what, there will always be something better that I will covet. It's a car, a nice car, but a car plain and simple....people that treat it like some forbidden fruit just make me laugh is all.

My humble .02....I think many of my fellow rennlisters simply need to have one more rum and coke, and then perhaps, just maybe, smoke a nice doobie and reeeeeeelax.....
Yes, there are the concourse guys here, who have 2000 miles in 5 years of driving, back and forth to shows in a covered trailer, and an impeccable hood free of chips. Not my kind of ownership experience to be sure, but a personal choice for them.

I would like to differentiate between "begging for trouble" and normal wear and tear. I drive a 2008 911 turbo cab, bought in April of last year, and have 17,500 km on the odometer in the intervening 15 months. Driven in ridiculously deep snow a couple times, torrential downpours, and at numerous times, covered with salt, slush, bugs, etc, and rarely taken to the track. So please spare me the platitudes. You sound like the big Lebowski.

All of your arguments are apples and oranges. Damage vs. dirt, parking vs. driving, day to day errands vs. occasional plane flights. "I like to drive my car so I park it at the airport"? How does that make sense? I am glad you enjoy the car. I do too.

Never had a problem at the airport myself, but I see all the people and their luggage drifting between cars while yelling at their kids, walking 3 abreast, taking short cuts to the exit. The porsche is narrower than a minivan, and the gaps between the vehicles are likely to draw more pedestrians. But, you should park the car anywhere you like, and I will do the same.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:09 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Platitudes? The Big Lebowski? You must live in Canada....Anyway, we'll chalk it up to an obvious difference of opinion. Good day. Cole

Quick Reply: Cabriolet and luggage