Sponsored by:

used car appraisal

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default used car appraisal

thinking about trading in/selling my 06 on an 09 and...is it just me or is kbb.com significantly lower than (all?) others out there when it comes to used car value? literally, i'm getting values 10k lower (20%) than a few other sources i've been to incl edmunds, nada, etc.

am i missing something? is kbb behind the curve or (hopefully NOT) ahead of it??
Old 07-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Blondurant
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiffyjiff
thinking about trading in/selling my 06 on an 09 and...is it just me or is kbb.com significantly lower than (all?) others out there when it comes to used car value? literally, i'm getting values 10k lower (20%) than a few other sources i've been to incl edmunds, nada, etc.

am i missing something? is kbb behind the curve or (hopefully NOT) ahead of it??
Have you checked NADA? Also, the trade-in value is going to be a good bit less than the private sale.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:03 PM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Blondurant
Have you checked NADA? Also, the trade-in value is going to be a good bit less than the private sale.
yep, nada was one of them - almost same as edmunds. i know trade in will be less, of course, but i'm talkin both categories - trade in, private party - are 10k/20% less on kbb then i see elsewhere. and i've checked and doublechecked my entries into kbb, so it's not user error. just seems like a huge discrepancy/something fishy when it's the only site i can find thats signif different than others.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

The issue is that NADA, KBB, edmunds, none of them actually show up at your door and buy cars. they are nice bits of info but the only number that matters is where they are really trading.

Quick Reply: used car appraisal