Sponsored by:

Need help with EU license plate

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 05:15 AM
odysseycpm
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with EU license plate

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this post so the admin can move it if deemed improper.

I have a US spec 987 (model year 2008) in Europe with the US bumperettes. The car was just registered in Europe and a local plate in the standard 520mm length was issued as in the attached pic. However, given that this plate does not fit between the bumperettes I initiated a search for a solution that would "condense" my plate number into a smaller version (similar to the zoll plate) shown. I checked all the local plate makers (here in Athens) but none of the stamping presses could create a matching solution. It usually fell short on an item, either a 6 character limit, or the country symbol (GR) was omitted.
I also checked the usual web sources below for a solution, but encountered similar results.

www.europlates.com
www.autoplates.com
www.customeuropeanplates.com
www.licenseplates.tv
and several others

I have read of members creating a custom 'reflective vinyl adhesive solution" for plates, but I have not seen how that looks or where it can be done. Any pointers in this direction are helpful

Now before somebody recommends the simple solution, which is to remove the bumperettes permanently, I thought I could bring my question here, where surely I can't be the first to cross this bridge.

christos
Attached Images  

Last edited by odysseycpm; 07-20-2009 at 05:42 AM. Reason: changed title for accuracy
Old 07-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Not sure about Greece, but in Germany, they used to (not sure if they still do) issue plates in the North America standard rectangular format as an alternative the the long Euro format.

You could see about getting a plate in that format. Another alternative is remove the bumperettes and get back to the normal look.

Quick Reply: Need help with EU license plate