Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sorry to beat a dead horse, PADDLES ON PDK....??

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 11:29 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is a simple solution;

ask him if he's willing to put that in writing on the sales sheet
Old 07-20-2009, 12:46 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
dealer said to me "if you buy an 09/10 PDK today, when the paddles are released PCNA will allow a retrofit of paddles to your car for no charge since will be an either/or option in future....

is this true, or any truth to this... i am looking at an 09 pdk but the only way i would want the car is if i can swap to paddles for an affordable rate when they are released as the current setup does nothing but remind me of the dreaded Tip.

thank you
Riley, what dealer are you talking with? You need to go see Phil Perry at Bert Smith...tell him I sent you.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:49 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
dealer said to me "if you buy an 09/10 PDK today, when the paddles are released PCNA will allow a retrofit of paddles to your car for no charge since will be an either/or option in future....

is this true, or any truth to this... i am looking at an 09 pdk but the only way i would want the car is if i can swap to paddles for an affordable rate when they are released as the current setup does nothing but remind me of the dreaded Tip.

thank you
If that is the case, aske them to put it in writing as part of the sales contract. If they decline to do so, then you know it is pure dealer BS!
Old 07-21-2009, 06:08 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yet another "Paddles rule" thread where NONE of the people who "want" paddles own a PDK car. It's REALLY easy to get used to...
Old 07-21-2009, 10:44 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Yet another "Paddles rule" thread where NONE of the people who "want" paddles own a PDK car. It's REALLY easy to get used to...
Yep!
Old 07-22-2009, 06:43 PM
prg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting used to the counter intuitive buttons after a week of ownership. I know I'm going to try to up shift the Ferrari by pushing forward on the wheel some time though. I love my PDK, but I wish that it had conventional, stationary, fixed to the column paddles ala Ferrari.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:09 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

I dont know HOW many times now I have got in the New PDK and have put my Left foot DOWN as if I am trying to PUT it trhough the floor

like there is a clutch there.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by prg
I'm getting used to the counter intuitive buttons after a week of ownership. I know I'm going to try to up shift the Ferrari by pushing forward on the wheel some time though. I love my PDK, but I wish that it had conventional, stationary, fixed to the column paddles ala Ferrari.
Paddles fixed to the column would be satisfactory, but any retrofit will most certainly be paddles attached to the wheel. From experience with my wife's A3 and my GTI w/DSG, it's easy to goof up your gears when the wheel is turned. Not so w/PDK....
Old 07-24-2009, 02:47 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I dont know HOW many times now I have got in the New PDK and have put my Left foot DOWN as if I am trying to PUT it trhough the floor

like there is a clutch there.
I'm in, nearly, the same boat when I drive my parents Prius with the no ignition key setup. I always grab for the key when I'm done driving just to realize that the darn key is in my pocket. Seems weird, just need to get use to it.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:20 PM
prg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Paddles fixed to the column would be satisfactory, but any retrofit will most certainly be paddles attached to the wheel. From experience with my wife's A3 and my GTI w/DSG, it's easy to goof up your gears when the wheel is turned. Not so w/PDK....
Agreed. I'd rather have the current system than paddles that move with the wheel.

Quick Reply: sorry to beat a dead horse, PADDLES ON PDK....??