Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car wash needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:46 AM
FriedEgg
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Find a friend who lives in CT or NJ...go to his/her house to wash. That's what I did when I lived in Manhattan. NYC is no place for a car enthusiast. I shudder to think of what my life would be like there with the cars that I have now...lol...I don't care how nice the building or garage is, the cars will take a daily beating. GL!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by FriedEgg
Find a friend who lives in CT or NJ...go to his/her house to wash. That's what I did when I lived in Manhattan. NYC is no place for a car enthusiast. I shudder to think of what my life would be like there with the cars that I have now...lol...I don't care how nice the building or garage is, the cars will take a daily beating. GL!
That works, but in the dead of winter when it's 20F degrees out, and you just want to get the salt and stuff washed off your car, it might be easier to just swing by the hand car wash (at least that's what I found to be the case). 10 minutes in and out, and you're on your way, and they work all year long.

Before moving to NJ and finally having my own garage, I've had my car parked in a city garage for 6+ years. Secret to its survival were bumper guards on the front and rear of the car (to prevent damage caused by careless valets), a contraption I made out of pillow cases to fit over my shifter and painted center console (again, to prevent scratches on the painted parts by careless valets), and a nice tip each time I pick up my car from them. LOL

When I used to park in my Manhattan garage:

Still looks good today:
Old 07-19-2009, 12:41 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

PM dougdep. he's a manhattanite. His GT3 always has track boogers on it but his Range Rover always looks nice.

Quick Reply: car wash needed