Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Service. Kudos to Tom Wood Porsche Indy..

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:41 AM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Porsche Service. Kudos to Tom Wood Porsche Indy..

Last week my wife was driving our 997.2 Cab to Michigan from Tennessee. She stopped for gas and the car quit as she hit the I-74 on ramp. Low Fuel Pressure fault warning. She called Porsche Roadside, they sent a flatbed, got her and the car to Tom Wood Porsche Indianapolis. Jeremy Rodecap the Service manager was extremely kind and helpful throughout the week. Great customer service experience under a stressful scenario. They had the car a week, gave her a rental (Ford Excursion, loaded, Ha Ha).
She picked up the Cab on her return trip. Bad gas was considered a possible cause, but their basic tests of it were ok. They contacted Porsche for guidance and both fuel pumps were eventually replaced. The car has run perfectly since.

Having the wife stranded, out of state, on the interstate, (in your new car) is not a pleasant scene for me, or her. Porsche handled it well. The Roadside assistant did encouraged her to call 911, for protection until the tow arrived.

All's well that ends well. Thanks to everyone involved with the service.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:53 PM
At Law
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I certainly hope you were more concerned about your wife being
stranded than your P-Car.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:41 PM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Wish my local dealer was that helpful. Waiting almost 2 months on a warranty issue that they keep flip-flopping on.

Quick Reply: Porsche Service. Kudos to Tom Wood Porsche Indy..