Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pet Peeves of my 997... maybe someone can help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 03:49 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by ds2k1
dude, the clanging of keys gets pretty annoying after a 40 mile commute. and hey, this is just a rant on peeves. it's not like i'm gonna return the car or anything.
Easy fix dude... just use a non metallic key fob or case. PAG offers several with a leather or fabric loop. Noise annoyance solved and the world is now quiet.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:05 AM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on keys - i just carry a single key on my nurburgring key chain. no rattling to speak of.

on glass - i have used http://www.aquapel.com/ instead of rainx. rainx wears out too quickly and then you're addicted to it. i'm sure ben or edgy have a mystery potion to detox the windows of the residue. aquapel does very, very well for me up here in seattle.

my peeve - after washing the car, if i lower the drivers window i get these huge streaks right by the drivers mirror. sux
Old 07-04-2009, 06:44 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Verde
To the OP, I'd suggest Rain-X as a coating on the moving windows. It is a bit of a lubricant and just might stop the squeaking.
My peeve would be classified as the 'lazy seat belt retractor syndrome' (LSBRS). At least 1/2 the time, the clip just lays on the ledge, unretracted. I have to give it some help for it to be reeled back in. Same problem all the way back in my 914. Am I the only one with this problem?
squeek is on inside and windows tinted but i just bought rainex and tried it on one window.. in and out.. figured if it harmed the windows it wouldnt be hard to retint one window... and i can test and see if it cures the squeek problem using the other window as a control and the coated window as variable.

Quick Reply: Pet Peeves of my 997... maybe someone can help me out?