Sponsored by:

PDK Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 06:09 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mstams
Sorry. I guess I wasn't clear... It DOES automatically downshift into 1st just as yours does. What it DOESN'T do is jerk during the 2-1 downshift as it does when in auto sport mode. Does that make sense?
Confirmed. Although, I think it may have something to do with coming to a stop and lifting off the brake while in 2nd, rather than keeping light brake pressure through the stop. I need to test this out, but I am pretty sure I don't always get the clunk - gotta force myself to stay in auto for a few drives and try it.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Another PDK trick, while downshifting you can hold the button down and it will downshift thru the gears as rapidly as possible. This seems quicker than doing individual down shifts.

Also, I just had a recall done on my software that makes the initial 1-2 shift less rough.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:14 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Bacus
Another PDK trick, while downshifting you can hold the button down and it will downshift thru the gears as rapidly as possible. This seems quicker than doing individual down shifts.

Also, I just had a recall done on my software that makes the initial 1-2 shift less rough.
Yep - very quick.

And for upshift as well - good for getting into 7th after hitting cruising altitude off the entrance ramp onto the freeway.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:59 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did it do anything for the 2-1 shift Jim?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:34 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
our recent re-flash, late May, definitely improved the 2 - 1 shift when rolling to a stop.
prior to that, the shift was pretty ugly sometimes.

cheers

Craig
Old 06-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
Let me put some more miles on it, but my initial impressions are that it is much smoother.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:00 AM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PDK also provides the kickdown function in both automatic and manual modes. If you depress the gas pedal fully, PDK will drops to the lowest possible gear, and will upshift at the highest RPM, even when you are in the manual mode.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Jim - I did a little experiment with holding the button in/out (works with the stick too). It does drop gears, but nowhere near as rapidly as manual inputs. I think I'd still manually shift it on the track... Still very cool - I never thought to try it!

Quick Reply: PDK Tricks