Sponsored by:

997 S Performance Mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 10:34 PM
ds2k1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Allegreto how did you get so smart with a total lack of reading comprehension? No where in my post did I feel it was worth 25hp, if you read my post without your holier than thou asperations you would see I was questioning wether or not you can feel 25hp, I feel you can...you may feel different. I know what I felt (how much hp I don't know) and somehow if you feel you can teletransport yourself into my being and distinguish what I feel and don't feel then man you should be in some freak show.

So I guess in your eyes me and Ron are just full of **** and we don't know what we are talking about......do I got it right?

I'm done with this thread...you can lead a horse to water, but you will never make him drink.
hey now, easy tiger. i think he was simply saying no doubt you think you can feel it. doesn't mean it's there, just means you think it is. difference of opinion, but no need to get all riled up. can you feel the difference between 100hp and 125hp? certainly...big difference. can you feel the difference between 1000hp and 1025hp? no way, i don't care how tuned your butt dyno is. so our cars are somewhere in between. personally, if i was blindfolded and placed in two different cars, one with 385hp and one with 410hp, and given several blind runs in each and then asked to identify which was which, i highly, highly doubt i could. but that's just me. maybe you're extremely in tune with this stuff and can tell the difference. hell, i'm still amazed anyone can tell the difference between michelins, pirellis, contis and bridgestones!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:46 PM
camhabib
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ds2k1
... hell, i'm still amazed anyone can tell the difference between michelins, pirellis, contis and bridgestones!
+1. It has to do with percent HP increase, rather then absolute number of HP increase. That said, I doubt I could personally tell the difference between various cambers and compounds of tires, etc, let alone a few extra horses. Be that as it may tho, 25 extra horses, whether constituting a 0.1% or 50% increase, does have some kind of effect.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:51 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Allegreto how did you get so smart with a total lack of reading comprehension? No where in my post did I feel it was worth 25hp, if you read my post without your holier than thou asperations you would see I was questioning wether or not you can feel 25hp, I feel you can...you may feel different. I know what I felt (how much hp I don't know) and somehow if you feel you can teletransport yourself into my being and distinguish what I feel and don't feel then man you should be in some freak show.

So I guess in your eyes me and Ron are just full of **** and we don't know what we are talking about......do I got it right?

I'm done with this thread...you can lead a horse to water, but you will never make him drink.
take post # 12 and post # 16 and tell me what they mean. perhaps i misunderstand.

transport myself into your being? good Lord, would i have to stay? the horror..the hor-ror

won't address your assessment too much, you have no idea to whom you are speaking. i will indulge to say that my reading comprehension is far better than your mastery of the written word.

Ron and yourself? my guess is Hyperion to a satyr. but...

Old 06-19-2009, 05:21 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Allegretto, no offense taken whatsoever. I replied the way I did for the community's sake - to hear the "how and why" from my perspective. It may be that 99% of the 997 owners out there would not even perceive a change in performance given the types of things I've done. But those of us driving on the track at a certain level can and will "feel" a difference even if it's minor and something that sensitive instruments, like a dyno, might indicate as being somewhat insignificant. 0-60 means nothing to me, but a few MPH of entry speed increase, the result of some added performance through modification, is a beautiful thing on the track.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:58 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RonCT
Allegretto, no offense taken whatsoever. I replied the way I did for the community's sake - to hear the "how and why" from my perspective. It may be that 99% of the 997 owners out there would not even perceive a change in performance given the types of things I've done. But those of us driving on the track at a certain level can and will "feel" a difference even if it's minor and something that sensitive instruments, like a dyno, might indicate as being somewhat insignificant. 0-60 means nothing to me, but a few MPH of entry speed increase, the result of some added performance through modification, is a beautiful thing on the track.
agreed!

we both know what 25 HP, with equal drivers (almost never, but for the sake of discussion), in a 997 means at the track. be bye bye time...

downright discouraging for the tail to watch them just keep pulling and pulling and pulling a w a y
Old 06-19-2009, 11:34 AM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The original point was modifications to the intake/exhaust with no mention of track use what so ever.

Quick Reply: 997 S Performance Mods